• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hang Tag data base

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work thanks so much for the information. That's invalueabke information will check if there is any odd bits.

There was a lot of trial and error getting the formatte just right. This was the first thing i have converted to ppd, look for a new version shortly with easier navigation.

Hi,

If the data base can be added to, the hang tag on my L461 Vixen Sporter, #121346, has the date "73-02-21".

Terenceh

Many thanks Scott, that is a terrific piece of work and invaluable for we Sakophiles.

Any chance the moderators & Jim could have a chat about making a new Forum Topic on the home page, eg " SAKO Manufacture Dates and Hang tags" . It might help a lot of people to have all that information in 1 topic area, so some research can be easily done before asking "How old is my Sako?"

I actually enjoy those posts when they include photos, should be a 'by-law' that they can't ask without posting a photo! Also interesting to see the responses, but having the information in 1 place may help some people.

Cheers
Piper

I have an L57 HB serial 9129 tag date 29/05/59 the one listed has a later number and earlier tag date L57 serial 9362 tag date 14/05/1959. This I guess validates that numbers and dates are a good guide achieving excellent help but not fully explaining serial number to dates. And that no real cataloguing occurred at the factory just buckets of actions pilled up in a great sako mountain.

Many thanks Scott, that is a terrific piece of work and invaluable for we Sakophiles.

Any chance the moderators & Jim could have a chat about making a new Forum Topic on the home page, eg " SAKO Manufacture Dates and Hang tags" . It might help a lot of people to have all that information in 1 topic area, so some research can be easily done before asking "How old is my Sako?"

I'm on it! You and all members can expect a small surprise in a while! :)

Jim

Fantastic work Scott...I can definately see where a large amount of time and effort went into this. I wonder if you could put the dates in sequencial order..:nerd:..it would be interesting to see how the numbers jump around! Thanks for putting this all together Bro'~Bloo

Scott mine is a 243
I have posted it on an earlier thread. Here it is again/
uploading has become a very difficult task trying to use basic upload but it only works rarely.

Please download the new file. Easier navigation and ease of use Bloo new catagory as requested

Attachments

• Serials.pdf
    123.5 KB · Views: 92
Thanks Scott for all the work you have put into the Sako serial number data base. All the moderators that have served had done an outstanding job to maintain this site. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back