• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

.218 Bee

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I am interested in purchasing a Sako Riihimaki L46 chambered in .218 Bee. Anyone interested in selling or know where I might find one? Thanks in advance for your help.

sorry but those never really leave collector finger tips. But you never know it comes down to how much you want to spend I don't have one but have been looking for 5 years and no luck. Maybe one of the member can help good luck!

About the only time I have ever saw one for sale is when the owner has died & the estate sells or auctions it off. Any private sale would be difficult to be privy to. These are rare birds, even more so than the Hornet. I can only recall two that I heard of for sale & it took about 3 seconds & they were gone. With diligence, patience, extreme good fortune, & a fat wallet you might be able to acquire one. Like edd said, those that have one are reluctant to sell them because they know that they are not easily replaced.

Arron

If you are really interested in a 218 Bee, you have to post a reward . . . to show you mean business. When the reward is high enough a 218 Bee will appear . . . So . . . go for it. Be a collector . . . . not a bargain hunter. Happy hunting!

It's just a function of money, start at 2,000.00 and every week add 100.00 to that number and one will pop up, it's actually pretty simple. No use in being diligent or going on the hunt, let your wallet do the hunting. It's only those that are nickel noses like me that can't find them.

I will start the ball roiling for an L46 218 bee in excellent condition I will part with in todays MARKET $2400 for one.

I am saying lets flush one out!!! of some ones collection I will start the bidding for it lets say $3000 since $2400 isn't high enough.

Ok Arron this little search has revealed that yes they are out there especially amongst members, It has also revealed that $3200 got a spark but was not enough to pry one from the strong grip of a sako shooter. I am beginning to think that a genuine price is out of the question, you will need to pay a price that will mean that you will not stand to profit for sometime., AS THE PRICE of the purchase will most certainly be rather high!. But if you buy with your collector hat on you will never feel at lose for value. A top quality L46 in an almost unfired condition (very hard to find but achievable) in regular calibres will cost you on mainstream sites US$1700-2100) For a 7X 33 I feel you will need to come up with around US$3500 $4500 in excellent condition as of this time. What do others think is my estimate ridiculous??

Ok Arron this little search has revealed that yes they are out there especially amongst members, It has also revealed that $3200 got a spark but was not enough to pry one from the strong grip of a sako shooter. I am beginning to think that a genuine price is out of the question, you will need to pay a price that will mean that you will not stand to profit for sometime., AS THE PRICE of the purchase will most certainly be rather high!. But if you buy with your collector hat on you will never feel at lose for value. A top quality L46 in an almost unfired condition (very hard to find but achievable) in regular calibres will cost you on mainstream sites US$1700-2100) For a 7X 33 I feel you will need to come up with around US$3500 $4500 in excellent condition as of this time. What do others think is my estimate ridiculous??

In my opinion you are pretty accurate, I also have a 218 Bee but I enjoy the rifle and don't need the money so it will stay where it is for now.
There is 2 ways to get L46"s you either have the time and energy to search the world wide web constantly because when they do show up in the rarer calibres they don't last long. Or you offer enough to pry one from a collectors hands. In short you either need patience and a love of the hunt going to the gun shows etc. , or you have lots of disposable cash.

I personally don't have very deep pockets so I have learned to enjoy the hunt, I can't count the 22 hornets I have missed by being a day late and a dollar short. But I will find one and it will mean that much more to me when I find it.

Latest posts

Back