• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

NEW ARRIVALS

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thanks guys its been a massive undertaking getting these guns it nearly drove me and an anonymous member nuts lessons learned will come in very handy in the future.. The collector association pair were purchased from RICK thanks they are in prestine condition. Also douglastwo and deergoose you are both correct even got the caliber correct, it is a Browning medallion 458 win never fired and dated around 1960 it was purchased from a well known U.S gun collector and author Roger Rule. Has anyone heard of him before. There is a Yugo Mauser lying there as well well done nickz it was an easier ID. All the rifles were as described before purchase except for one L46 which is in excellent external condition and had very sharp rifling but some surface rust was evident. Its been worth the wait and my collection has increased ten fold with really nice sakos. This is my first individual pic it was chosen because i found it unusual, it is an AV 270 win it has a stock quality I haven't seen in that series before. it also has deluxe bluing rather than sporter bluing. and the luster looks fairly flat. I am thinking it might have been re-stocked and blued. What do you guys think. will put some more up shortly if there are some requested pic let me know. The early L46 will be next as L46 has shown interest. regards ******* IMGP1365.JPG IMGP1363.JPG IMGP1360.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP1361.JPG
    IMGP1361.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMGP1368.JPG
    IMGP1368.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP1366.JPG
    IMGP1366.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Ed

It's been one year since we traded Sako's . . . I was beginning to think that something had happened to the shipment.
Now for the next question. How many Sakos before this shipment and how many now?

Ed,

Well done to you and your friend on your treasure trove of Sako's , it has made my day and put a smile on my face.

I can only guess at the logistical obstacles that you must have over come to bring home the goods.

Out of interest, how many vendors did you buy from and how long did the whole project take ? I guess at least another four weeks for the rest of the guns, but when did this all start ?

Truely impressive.

Well done

Rowdy

Nice AV Ed! So many nice Sakos it would be hard to get photos up of all of them, but it would be great if you could put up some pics of some of the heavy barrels and deluxes! Cheers.

Edd,
That is in incredible condition! not a mark to be seen anywhere,
Thanks for sharing,
L-46

Beautiful L46! Love that checkering pattern that goes under the fore-end with the 3 prongs on the rear grip. Thanks!

Yep I agree that L46 heavy barrel is in remarkable condition for age and drives me crazy every time I see her its the perfect gun to me. Here is another great gun from the collection. This is an L46 deluxe rare and in 222 rem what makes it even rarer is the rosewood forend I havent seen one like it on a sako before the angled cut is unique. Looks like a weatherby forend it also has micro-groove rifling. Not many of these were made before the change to the regular forend used on later models.
IMGP0534.JPG IMGP0535.JPG IMGP0536.JPG IMGP0538.JPG IMGP0539.JPG IMGP0540.JPG IMGP0558.JPG IMGP0552.JPG

here is another Pic this time a sako that gets very little menttion on the site a sako 375 h&H Safari AIV made around 1980 -83 IMGP0184.JPG IMGP0185.JPG IMGP0194.JPG IMGP0193.JPG IMGP0195.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0245.JPG
    IMGP0245.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks again *******, all very nice. That heavy barrel L579 is I think probably my favourite heavy barrel Sako model of all time. Love those deluxes too!

Yes I agree they are very well sculptured rifles I lean towards the L46 heavy barrel I have an L57 heavy barrel aswell I will post some pics of it later. Also do you know if the barrel knocks on the stock during handling of an L57 can it be repaired without glass bedding.

Yeah the L46 is very nice too, but very rare and hard to find here in Australia. I like all the older models more than the newer ones, not that there's anything wrong with the new ones. If the barrel on the L57 is knocking on the stock, I'd carefully remove the stock and have a look at the inletting and bearing surfaces, screw holes etc. and try to see if there's anything obviously wrong with it first, then go from there. I wouldn't want to glass bed an L57. If it was a plastic stocked modern rifle I'd probably sand out the barrel channel, but again I wouldn't want to do that to an L57. First you'd really have to have a look at it and try and find out where the problem is. Just my opinion and what I'd do, but be careful not to damage it! My AII Sako .22/250 had an annoying knock for a while and I couldn't figure out what it was, turned out it was the box in the internal magazine moving around in the non-sako stock and it was easily fixed with just a bit of packing.

Ed,

You are causing me and probably countless other Sako collectors sleepless nights.

Keep it up !

Rowdy

IMGP9956.JPG IMGP9958.JPG IMGP9960.JPG IMGP9965.JPG IMGP9959.JPG IMGP9976.JPG IMGP9977.JPG IMGP9975.JPG IMGP9980.JPG IMGP9967.JPG IMGP9953.JPG IMGP9966.JPG OK this one is one of my favorites its very rare and have only seen one ever advertised before. The barrel seem to knock on the stock alittle can this be remedied. Nickz suggestion is a good one but could it be anything else it relatively minor but annoying. enjoy = *******

Truly Amazing Edd!
Now that the photos are closer, the quality and finish is just fantastic, you have a keen eye for detail,
What calibre is the L57HB in? the stock on that rifle is really nice,
Like Rowdy said, not too many photos too quickly, my pacemaker missed a few beats, when you posted that L57 up!!
Thanks for sharing
L-46

simply outstanding Edd ! thanks for sharing.

I had never seen that engraving pattern before on the 46 deluxe. I need to do more searching !

DeerGoose

Back