• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Collection Update as of 1/1/13

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

sako1

Seventeen Sako's amongst the 44 long arms I have in my safe. Had them out to clean today. I Need a grandson soon...however I have my first grandaughter on the way...Pray she becomes a shooting enthusiast!!!

Attachments

• Collection Update as of 1/1/13
    sako collectors 2.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 42
    sako shooters.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 37
    sako collectors3.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 36
    sako collectors 4.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 33
    photo.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 40
Oooohhhhh my! That is awesome. I will take a .264 Deluxe, a .300 Win Deluxe, and the 300 H&H. Shipping information sent via PM. lol

Very nice collection. You have some top shelf Sako's!

Thanks for sharing.

David,

That is a truly outstanding collection.

Well done.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Rowdy

David,
That is some of the nicest rifles i have seen, Deluxe's in a complete slideshow, and the dark timber on the 300h&h and 22-250 are second to none!!
Thanks for getting them out and sharing such great photos
Great to see these beauties in good hands now
can i ask what you polish the wood with? it makes them really shine.
L-46

Awesome Collection Sako1! If I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to say it would be the...um..:ugly:..the ...I'll look over them again!

Thanks for posting and sharing your collection with us!!!~Bloo

What a great way to start the day, a cup of coffee and some pretty Sakos, Thanks for sharing.

That is awesome for sure David. Beats looking at Playboy. I think you need a Riihimaki 222 magnum bofor ??? Thanks for letting us drool .

David, I just noticed your Deluxe 308 marked bofors has the white spacer next to the wood. Because I have some early L579 Deluxes with the white spacer next to the wood, I have been watching trying to determine what period these were most common in. It appears that 579's with serial numbers in the 12000 to 15000 range are likely to have the white spacer next to the wood. Deluxe guns before and after this range appear to have the black spacer next to the wood. I'm thanking this range puts these guns made in the 1960 to 1961 era. And I've noticed some of the very early Deluxe L61R's made about 62 have white spacer next to the wood. Would you mind telling me the approximate serial number of your 308?

Thanks David, the highest serial number Deluxe 579 that I have that has the white spacer next to the wood is a 244 with serial number 1382x. Your 308 is higher than any I have seen so far, but Sako is not know to make their guns in perfect serial number sequence. Thanks.

David, another thing I try to pay attention to on the 579 action is the crossbolt in the stock. I've owned and seen way more 308's with the crossbolt than 243's. It's my opinion that most 243's during the era we're talking about do not have crossbolts, where the 308's do. So your 243 and 308 in those serial number ranges fit what I usually see. Thanks again for sharing.

Hey D2 and David.

Good catches ! I too have several deluxe models w/ the white spacer next to the factory pad. I believe my highest one is a .243 in the 23,xxx range. I also have a .308 w/ white spacer in the 18,xxx range.

As for the crossbolts, most of my early .308s do NOT have them. I have a one piece full stock L579 and an L57 without the CBs. I think I have others.

again, thanks for the pics !
DeerGoose

the highest serial number Deluxe 579 that I have that has the white spacer next to the wood is a 244 with serial number 1382x
There are a lot of guys on this forum with larceny in their hearts, and since Owasso can't be very big and you wouldn't be hard to find, you might not want to advertise that Deluxe .244 too widely:facepalm3:

Those are pretty scarce and coveted, you know. Congrats on owning one! (Now, let me get out my roadmap . . .)

Latest posts

Back