• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

.17 A1

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hello Everyone
This is my .17 A1 she is fitted with a s/s heavy barrel from sako, from what information i have found on the net they where only sent out to australia for the pro fox shooters in the 1980's. enjoy

Attachments

• darryns iphone pics 008.JPG
    darryns iphone pics 008.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 306
  • darryns iphone pics 009.JPG
    darryns iphone pics 009.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 28
  • darryns iphone pics 007.JPG
    darryns iphone pics 007.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 26
That sure is a beauty! nice wood grain. Does the barrel have any Sako markings on it?

I've seen pics of a couple of those Aussie Fox rifles now, I believe they have the Sako markings that run down the side of the barrel rather than the stamp at the front of the action that is typical of a L461. Very unique rifle and unfortunately for us only found in Australia.

Nice, would have been a great fox rifle back when the skins were worth good money. Still a great fox rifle now anyway!

204, a neat looking rifle, the condition looks real nice!
Tell us more about these 17's. i have seen 1 or maybe 2 over the years but have discounted them as being rebarreled!
I think i can remember reading in the Aust. Shooters Journal about them, in the day, as being less prone to fouling.
Do you know how many where bought out here? and for how long? where they only in varmint barrel?
I owned a A1 sporter Sako 17 rem back then, but it was just used on long range rabbits as a bit of fun. We shot the odd fox but mainly used to whistle them up, so the 17 was too much at short range.
L-46

Hello L-46
i dont know very much about these rifles, from what i can find on the net they only came out in the heavy barrel
i bought the rifle from a old dealer who picked it up in 1989 he told him he bought it from a person from scone NSW, fired it 5 times the placed it in the safe where it sat until i bought her last year, she groups very well and turns the odd head at the range.
i think clusters in sydney where the importers at the time from what information i can find out, i have not seen one like her.

Great shooting 204, that will take the bark out of some Reynard's
We have been shooting quite a few in the last couple of weeks,
Lots of pairs out at this time of year
L-46

Last edited:
i went myself two weeks ago saw around 20 foxs they where not that interested in the whistle, had more success over baits in the night, must be very close to breeding time in southern NSW

Back