• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Mods Please fix this section if the forum

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

thwackkk

Whats with this section of the forum Mods? Nothing is in order, new threads drop off the radar, and theres threads topping it off that havent been added to in years.

Thanks in advance :)

I think it's the same thing several sections suffer from, it's not sorting by last post so you don't get the latest posts, you have to hunt them down or go to the bottom and re-sort. They fixed some a little time back but didn't fix them all across the board. Problem is when you go from section to section, you have to start all over with the sorting. Sometimes you have to go to the second page to find a post you just made.

I think one of the reasons This forum is pretty slow with new threads and banter from multiple, especially new members is because of the organization of the threads/forums. Modd please put somd work in to bring us up to standard. Thanks.

knock knock...."Housekeeping" q;-)

Thwackkk...I am new as a moderator here and my computer prowess is barely better than that of an old aboriginal tribesman. I visit here many, many times a day and I must say I don't see where any New threads have come up missing. As far as the way each forum is displayed, you have some control over how it can be viewed, by using the Thread Display Options...Have you tried to use this feature yet? I worked with it some today, in this forum, "showing threads from the last 45 day", "sorting threads by thread start time", in "descending order". It works very well for me, and it has a few more options to possibly meet everyones needs. This could possibly clear things up a little...

Please understand ..:mod2:We Mods and the Founder of the SCC try daily to make this a functional and enjoyable Forum. New Members are Welcome and Senior Members are credible, knowledgeable and highly respected... as it should be. House keeping is on the list, as I have myself worked some towards the For Sale, Wanted, for Trade section, by asking members to help out with there own treads in these forums...and its doing somewhat better now. Concerning the Photo section, we did loose some data during the migration from our old Lefora site, alot of the pictures did not make it. I would like to request at this time, to our membership, if you have old threads in the photo section, and the pics are no longer there, Please repost your pics!!! It would be great to have them back up. I did this with my threads long ago, or at least I think I got them all...If the thread has no photo...it has no need being kept in the Photo section as is just adds to confusion...

:no:The Mods are working to keep things real, thanks for your help and Fellowship Brother Thwackk, your input is always appreciated!

Regards

Bloorooster

Thanks BR. No I havnt played with the display options. Perhaps thd easiest thing to do then would be to set the default options for the forum to appear like any other. Understandably many members, like yourself, are not so computer or bbs savvy, and will pronly get frustrated and fail to post rather than hang round and contribute.

Its an awesome forum, with awsOme members, talking abOut the most awesome rifles.... Just trying to make it more awesomerererer....

Back