• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Nice L461 Vixen Deluxe High Comb

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

coompy

What generosity! A family friend I didn't know well gave me this lovely high-comb L461 Vixen deluxe in .222Rem. It's topped with a 6x Swarovski steel-tube scope of the same era (80's).
Target pictured is increased loads behind a 50gr V-max in Win cases, started with fouler top left target high shot, then 3 shot groups at 100yds. Started with 23.3gr Win 748, top left - top right - center - bottom left with increases of 0.3gr. Final load 24.2. No need to go any higher, rabbits watch out! Seated 0.3 off lands.
Only factor with these guns is the finish is very brittle; can't throw this one in the back of the ute! (pick up truck for US!). High comb can catch cleaning rod and get chipped.

Dave

Attachments

• Sako R.JPG
    Sako R.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Sako B Metal.JPG
    Sako B Metal.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Sako L.JPG
    Sako L.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Sako R Grip.JPG
    Sako R Grip.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Sako Target.JPG
    Sako Target.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
That, my friend is a Super Deluxe!!! NOT "just" a Deluxe. You have something you definitely want to hang on to. In more ways than one. Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations.

S-A

Last edited:
Wow what a beautiful Sako. The bunnies and foxes will however probably disagree.
Well done on the Aquisition.

Rowdy

Coompy- I have been thinking about the story you told us about how the rifle was acquired. I think you may get your spouse to believe that but I personally think it is a yarn. Welcome to the club and I am sure some of the members will be using "that one" next they bring home an unnecessary Sako-Misako

Last edited:
coompy,you have a great little rifle there,and very nice scope as well.Welcome to the group. Jim

I have seen many Super Deluxe's in larger calibers but never one in .222. With the exception of pictures. I certainly wish one would fall into my lap even if I had to pay for it. :)

Very nice indeed!

Oak leaves and acorns! Amazing wood as well...the most amazing part of all is that you shoot it and enjoy it for what is was designed for! It shoots quite well obviously, I'm sure its very hard to get groups like that at the range while everyone else is gathered around your bench gawking and drooling :jaw: Welcome to the club! Bloo

Thanks fellas!

Glad you like the pics, thanks fellas. It's a lovely rifle and scope and I'm pretty lucky that someone was so generous as to give it to me. My other rifle is a Sako 85 in 243, and it doesn't shoot as well as this one, more of a 1 MOA rifle, but I feel less guilty for shooting it I can tell you!

Happy Sakoing,

Dave

Welcome to the Forum Coompy. I cannot wait to see what you receive from friends you do know well. Beautiful Rifle.

Back