• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Introduction & the Sako Battue

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

clayt62

Hello Sako Collectors Club Members,

L61R had wanted me to introduce myself and perhaps pose a question; I live in northern Virginia, have collected Sakos for about 15 years and enjoy especially
using my Sako Safari for hunting prairie Mule deer. Look forward to chatting with you all. My question is how much a Sako Battue with exotic tiger striping wood
that was purchased from Stoeger Imports when it was about their last available Battue (and on display in their offices in New Jersey) might be worth now? It was purchased
back in about 1994 or '95. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Will supply photos soon. Thanks.

clayt62

NOTE : Below Photos by clayt62 of SAKO Battue need to be double clicked on to resize so are more complete; rifle is practically new with Box and all documentation;

clayt62 is considering selling this rifle .

Attachments

• IMG_9249.JPG
    IMG_9249.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9254.JPG
    IMG_9254.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 36
Yes does have a palm swell AJ; the only scratches/demerits are minor, one along one side of the checking pattern on the pistol grip area and one slight scratch to the bluing along the barrel. This is in .30-06 caliber and has a Burris Signature Select scope , 1.75-6X mounted. As you probably know the battue sights would make this ideal for boar hunting
or elk in thick timber, though i used it for deer in the mountains of Virginia. Originally purchased for $975.00 in about 1995. I am considering selling it to help pay for an engagement ring (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i have my priorities straight).
- David Clayton

She must be special to get rid of a Sako. I'd have a tough time parting with any of mine. To me they are a thing of beauty and functionality. Yours has some beautiful wood. As for value I don't know. Being and a5 in 30-06 wouldn't bring as much as a 7mm-08 but still should command a premium. If you decide to do something let me know. thanks aj

Seems like Sako may have put upgraded wood on the Battue's. I have one in .308 based on the AII action that is like NIB and the wood is absolutely beautiful on it.

Dave

Thanks AJ8300 and Sako-a-Series for the those nuggets of information. Yes AJ she is a special lady (along the same lines as a Jennifer Connley or young Madeline Stowe, the actresses), will let you now first if do decide to part with it, as you are the first to express interest. And Dave if you happen to have time would very much like to see a pic of your Battue, to keep as a benchmark comparison to this rifle. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks.

David

Clayt62, Hi and my 2 cents on your Battue 06; a fine looking rifle and if this is still valid, I'd like to have the opportunity to haggle if you sell. Thank you. Patrick

Clayt, there is a Battue circa mid 80's in 375 H&H with no box and "fired only 5 times" for $1095.00. I'm trying to decide which of my offspring have to go...

Sako-a: I'm sure it would be. From a bench. Suppose not unlike hunting with or shooting at the bench next to your friend armed with any rifle equipped with a muzzle break, eh? They are really cool till your senses get slapped silly. This is probably why the man selling the one I want only shot it once, then tucked her away for twenty plus years. Ha-ha. Thanks though.

Back