• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Rifles Afield (as intended)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Back @1990 I worked at a LGS. The owner loved Sakos and the .264. He had an AV .300 WM that he put a Douglas .264 wm air gauged bbl on. He had been hoarding the 140 gr. WW stepped bullets over the years. He tried and tried to get that rifle to shoot them to his satisfaction, which as far as I can recall, he never did. I think he eventually put the oem bbl back on.

gowyo.
Thank you for a good example of why it is pointless for amateurs to try to improve on rifles that OEM's have spent tremendous money on R and D to produce. I have never felt a need to try any improvements to any of my Sako rifles. They have always performed flawlessly and I believe that caliber, bullet choice and proper hand loading to the 'sweet load' that matches the rifles choice will always be the way to go. I also believe that many times the rifle is blamed when the problem is usually the result of the improper setup of the equipment, such as component choice and scope mounting or simply trigger squeeze. There are an infinite number of things that can prevent accurate shot placement and until all of these are in alignment accuracy can be evasive. I have never owned a Sako that did not exceed factory accuracy guarantee when properly equipped and used. Sakojim.

Last edited:
I came across this photo of a friend from overseas with his 8-point Texas whitetail and the Sako-Mauser Deluxe .30-06 I lent him to hunt with. Its the only Deluxe Sako-Mauser I've ever seen. In checking the sights he knocked over a bowling pin at 300 yards with it. He came back a couple of years later and took two more whitetails with the same rifle.
(I cropped out his face since he doesn't know I'm putting this on the internet. If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see the Fishgods engraving on the floorplate.)
P1000596 (1024x576).jpg

Could it have been someone we know? I remember the gun, it was almost mine. I had it going my way and got outbid in the last minutes. Seems like L61R got to go hunting with it once or twice maybe?

I own a Coltsman DeLux that we share a memory with .. L46 .222 rem . Seems that I remember snagging it up with an instantaneous buy it now for under a grand, while you and some friends were having drinks around the fire! A youngster was minding the computer as I recall!
Man , those were the days!

The sharp pointed juniper diamonds are the earliest of “stocks that pissed Weatherby off” … very cool!

bloo

Sako Afield, optimism aplenty with weather improving… we’ll see how she performs…
Good luck !
Like my son and I always say, as we separate to hunt different area’s, “Kill a Big’un!”
Fist bump!

Edit:
to my knowledge, this is the first post of 2021 Sako’s afield fall season! It will be fun to see how everyone does this fall ! Best of luck to All!
Bloo

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Coltsman DeLux that we share a memory with .. L46 .222 rem . Seems that I remember snagging it up with an instantaneous buy it now for under a grand, while you and some friends were having drinks around the fire! A youngster was minding the computer as I recall!
Man , those were the days!
You would have to bring up a painful memory that I had done my best to forget! I told that kid to snag it if it got within a hundred dollars of the BIN. Ya just can't get good help these days!

Hi Fellow Sako Fans!!
I took the .243 forester Deluxe to the farm & tried a cold barrel shot@ 100 yds.
"Bulls Eye" the 2" dia. bulls eye hit was upper, just left of center in the 9 to 12 o'clock
quadrant of the circle. Opening day results! saw 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 buck @ dusk could have shot at first sighting. He turned and was feeding away ( Texas Heart Shot) , watched him 8 minutes. Good antler size & conformity, Older Teenage body, will cast good genetics, decided to let him go. Felt good about the decesion, I am not a camera buff so no pics,
Best of luck to all!! B/T

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sako afield but 92% full moon & pm temps in 90’s makes for nocturnal deer. Mature bucks rolling in fat with poor radiators makes for slow sightings but a cup of coffee makes it worthwhile. 38FB1C65-55D9-4617-BCAF-4E1D629D9958.jpeg

Sako afield but 92% full moon & pm temps in 90’s makes for nocturnal deer. Mature bucks rolling in fat with poor radiators makes for slow sightings but a cup of coffee makes it worthwhile.View attachment 24321

Same here…no Sako’s out yet, but I’ve had my stick flinger out a few days this week.
The hunters moon or blood moon had me excited, especially the times under foot but there was zero activity save for one persistent 6 point we call “spork” who showed up a couple days in a row.
The only high mark was a pretty nice shed I found whilst roaming around it the afternoon period. 8D867BD2-D440-476A-8476-C9BE5601F396.jpeg
Coffee afield is a wonderful thing!

Bloo

Bloo, take some more pictures of that shed. That angle has me confused. Looks like a main beam coming off of a huge eye guard.

Back