• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Rifles Afield (as intended)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Nice healthy handful of Blackberries!
A rainy outing with a P72 is a fine way to pass time in nature’s walk thru theater! From what I’ve been understanding of late , you probably are on a well deserved hike to just be free and safe from the dangers and confinement of COVID. It’s one of the few safe places left to be.
I hope you are all doing well, and we all look forward to a return of normalcy in life!
We need to work up some Sako masks!

Bloo

Yeee-haw!
Took a trip to “The Buck Ranch” yesterday with my son and his Family. Had a great time fishing and scouting. My grandsons kept me laughing and smiling all along the way!
We checked the trail cams as well, and set up a few more. It is showing great promise and genetics!
0C77ADFA-7EE4-477D-B42A-D57E3FB68EAA.jpeg

This guy is nice already but has some room to grow..looks to be 2-3 years old… 39654FC5-A20F-4CF9-A0FE-25036FF3D7FA.jpeg This old pot bellied buck is ripe for harvest!
With hope when season opens he will still be daytiming long enough for us to have a chance at him. A8E4D04E-4605-419E-821B-1E112726E845.jpeg My son has the best luck! His cam locations always do better than mine ( I love it!)
Then he goes fishing… 9154EC3C-1A9A-43C3-AAA7-70753BC5C0F1.jpeg

It was a great day in the field! No Sako’s…yet!

Bloo

Beautiful deer! Which Sako will you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of them!
Not in one day of course….but with hope I will get to carry each one , as time goes by. If not , my spawn will perhaps carry the rest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Deersako, I’m really excited about this property. My son and I purchased the property earlier this year. We have only been along the boundaries and maybe a third of its interior , setting cameras and scouting. Already we have seen a fair amount of potential trophies, Whitetail and Black Bear. We have a plan to develop it into our hunting Mecca, with time and with hope.

bloo

Alaskan Caribou!
And a fine N. Texas Whitetail!
Do you hunt exclusively with a .300 win mag?
No sir,
I used a 30-06 for a long time. Then a 7mm Remington for about 10 years.
Now I change back and forth between those 2 with a couple other different calibers thrown in.
A few hunts with a 35 Whelen. And recently bought a 6.5x55 and a 7x57.
The 7x57 is stamped 275 Rigby but just an old Mauser action with a shilen barrel.
The 300 was my first sako hunting rifle. Now I have 2 with the 30-06 I just purchased. Along with a quad in 17hmr that is by far my favorite Rimfire.

Another fantastic Speedgoat! Amazing animals! I have often wondered if the species would do well here in WV. With their quickness and agility, I kinda feel like they’d do better than our whitetail have , out running and dodging vehicles on the highways…;)

Tikka rifles are one of my sons favorite guns, he has more Tikka’s than he has anything. A T3 in .260 Rem has been his first choice hunting rifle for years.

Great photos Brother Hunter25! Thanks for joining in!

Bloo

Awesome timber on your old 54! Is that factory Artic Birch! Custom? Man, it’s sure is pretty!
It’s best to hunt with a gun like that, isolated areas, where one can guarantee not meeting anyone else while afield. Encounters with other hunters will be distracting as they will be drawn to you and your location, just to get a closer look at your gun!:D

bloo

My quad in 17hmr. Also many years ago.
Seems I have very few hunting pictures of my rifles. When I'm the one with a tag I'm often hunting alone. 20150815_105155.jpg

Awesome timber on your old 54! Is that factory Artic Birch! Custom? Man, it’s sure is pretty!
It’s best to hunt with a gun like that, isolated areas, where one can guarantee not meeting anyone else while afield. Encounters with other hunters will be distracting as they will be drawn to you and your location, just to get a closer look at your gun!:D

bloo

Hey Bloo, it’s ‘just’ a factory birch stock :D

Back