• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 History and just thinking of selling Finnwolf 243 win.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Wayde

Love the outdoors
I can't remember if I ever shot this work of art. My father shot two box's in 1968 and then put in the safe. Being just 10 years old in 1968 I was not to touch those Sako's. He never took it out to shoot just every so many years would wipe it down. He passed 10 years ago this year and I inherited 3 Sako's all purchased in the 1960's. This Finnwolf, Finnbear, and heavy barrel L461 in 222 rem. I hunted with the Finnbear 4 years ago and just took the 222 L461 out and cleaned it. Going to take out the L461 and shoot it this spring because I never shot that either back in 1968. All three have the same stock color, engraving, and finish. Thinking about selling the Finnwolf. To hard to take out into the field and use. It is just a great piece of art.

Attachments

• IMG_6557 (1).jpg
    IMG_6557 (1).jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6561.jpg
    IMG_6561.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 71
That is a true beauty. You will regret selling it. It shoots like a dream. And at the range it will draw a lot of attention. Not many remember that Sako made lever actions.

Finnwolfs are bringing some pretty high prices right now. Like other commodities, this may or may not continue into the future. If you don't have a strong attachment to it this might be a good time to put it on the market -- but a year from now it might bring even more money, just like anything else that goes up and down with the economy and perhaps styles.

Wow. Beautiful. You should keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Beautiful. You should keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am most likely going to keep it and leave information to my sons if I pass away before expected on just what the rifle really is. I have never seen a Finnwolf with a serial lower than 2,000 for sale. Thanks for the input and take care. Wayde

A great looking Wolf, and wow, that serial number! I'd keep it if it were mine.
That serial makes it a 1960 production run rifle. Never have seen a Wolf for sale that had a number less than 2,000. I better keep it and make sure my sons know just what it is worth and family history. Thanks for the input. Take care, Wayde

That serial makes it a 1960 production run rifle.
Sorry, but it doesn't. It is impossible to date a Sako by its serial number since Sako, for reasons no one quite understands, did not use serial numbers chronologically. We've found consecutive serial numbers on rifles that were produced as much as 10 years apart. We've also found the same serial number assigned to two different rifles of the same model. And we've found that Sako often never used some of its lower serial numbers.

If you'd like to know the actual date of production of your Finnwolf (which may be some years different than you assume) you can click on the Factory Records Service link at the top of this page.

Back