• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Ohio member

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Welcome, I'm very interested to hear your opinion on the TRG. I keep threatening the wife I'm ordering a M10 or TRG 22. 338LM. The .308 VL-63's are shot by her and the kids.

I see you're from Ohio, so I'm typing slowly, just for you.

On behalf of our Medicare, Redicare, and Emergency rooms professionals, I'd like to thank all the sledders from OHIO. They alone, are keeping our medical facilities full.

Blind drunk, like you just left an OU football game after pre-partying at Short North, then sledding on unknown trails at high speeds, keep our medical facilities full in the Western U.P. every year.

You folks say you hate Michigan all the time; but, all our hotels look like a Columbus Neighborhood. Not to mention our jails.

Seriously, WELCOME. I just could't let you think everyone here is a push over. Hope you are a good sport.

Welcome, I'm very interested to hear your opinion on the TRG. I keep threatening the wife I'm ordering a M10 or TRG 22. 338LM. The .308 VL-63's are shot by her and the kids.

I see you're from Ohio, so I'm typing slowly, just for you.

On behalf of our Medicare, Redicare, and Emergency rooms professionals, I'd like to thank all the sledders from OHIO. They alone, are keeping our medical facilities full.

Blind drunk, like you just left an OU football game after pre-partying at Short North, then sledding on unknown trails at high speeds, keep our medical facilities full in the Western U.P. every year.

You folks say you hate Michigan all the time; but, all our hotels look like a Columbus Neighborhood. Not to mention our jails.

Seriously, WELCOME. I just could't let you think everyone here is a push over. Hope you are a good sport.
That's freaking hilarious! Now if only I can find some .308 dies so I can shoot this thing after I find parts for the recoil pad.

I'm sure the .308 dies will be easy enough to find. My neighbor shoots a 21. He is also a retired Marine and starting up a small gun shop. If you want to send me your part needs, I'll be glad to ask him if he has them.

I'm sure the .308 dies will be easy enough to find. My neighbor shoots a 21. He is also a retired Marine and starting up a small gun shop. If you want to send me your part needs, I'll be glad to ask him if he has them.
From the Sako parts list for the 21, it is #29 & 33. Thanks for the assist!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That would be Upper Michigan. We don't care about the rivalry between you Southerners and the Trolls from down below. We are just tired of you coming up and destroying our State and Federal Lands, running into locals and generally breaking multiple laws like a bunch of terrorists. You want to act like that, go to Florida or stay in Ohio.

That would be Upper Michigan. We don't care about the rivalry between you Southerners and the Trolls from down below. We are just tired of you coming up and destroying our State and Federal Lands, running into locals and generally breaking multiple laws like a bunch of terrorists. You want to act like that, go to Florida or stay in Ohio.
Yes, he has definitely bumped his head! I haven't met anyone from the UP that is in his mindset!

As long as you folks stay in Ohio, you can keep populating your State with as many FAS Babies as you want.
And I'm sure it's only people from Ohio. Not a single person from any other state has acted the way you claim. If you witnessed the illegal act, you're almost as guilty as they are if you don't report it! In my opinion!

It's not much of a claim. Ohio citizens fill up our County Jails. Get ticketed. Get themselves in trouble and ask for local help. There are a few from Illinois and Indiana. Last weekend, three guys from Ohio got their Platinum F-150 stuck on a snowmobile trail. They were 10 miles off a main road. It is generally guys from this Ohio, ten times more than any other.

I did give you a hard time when you first got on, but also welcomed you. I tried to help with your needed parts. Not successfully but I tried. Those are not easy to find. I give everyone a chance. I could spend a day going over this Ohio Residents acting like Terrorists in the U.P.

Last edited:
Come on fellows, lets not let this go any further. A little kidding is great but serious insults are not good for your character references. I am a former residence of both the Detroit and Minneapolis area many years ago. I moved to Oregon in 1957 to escape the big city life and my experiences from the Korean War. I have never regretted it. In my humble opinion, what our nation has become because of the tremendous changes over the last few decades is regrettable. Even our little laid back community has changed for the worse as the unrest and crime rate have become unbearable across our country. I enjoy this SCC website as a means to enjoy the company of others that have a common interest in a fine quality product. We enjoy being helpful to those that love our sport. We are all under stress from the present pressures of our circumstances and need to be more considerate of those less fortunate than we are. Smile and make the best of it. As a high risk to the virus, I have been mostly isolated for the past 14 months and it is unnerving to say the least. I feel great compassion for the folks that live in the frenzy of the big cities. I thank God every day for the freedom I enjoy on my little two acre 'hobby farm' on the edge of a small town. I pray that we will soon see our people all come together and make the improvements that are critical for the future of our country and its people. Take care. Sakojim.

Last edited:
Fair enough. It will stop. Just felt like Wind Sack was looking for a fight in morning. I'm done and willing to help out any serious member here.

no just kidding around. I have only been in Michigan twice to go to the Cabela's and a Maranatha meeting. Have a niece and nephew Midland. Hope to visit them in the summer.

Well Winsak,

I get the name. My first rifle was a 1955 M70 FWT. with a Paul Jaeger quick release side mount. I have always appreciated the ergonomics of this rifle. Pictured top. My second was a M94 .30-30.

I went to work in Northern Ontario for a couple years. I didn't want the Winchester getting banged around in the Bush, so I picked up a VL-63. I will be the first to admit this was backwards. The increase in value of the Finnwolf far exceeds that of the old Winchester. I liked the quality of the VL-63 so much, I bought my first new rifle. I even spent a little extra and got the deluxe. All these rifles have served me well and I have found it difficult to part with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
Left to right front 222, 22-150, 264 Win Mag, 30-06 glass bedded in a polymer stock original stock stored. My 6mm PPC is in the back left corner. Weatherby's are 300 Weatherby and 340 Weatherby (not really visible).

Back