• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 New guy

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Ron Lowry

Literally just purchased first maple stocked L46,3 min ago.
Been chasing a Sako in 222 for better part of a year.Finally pulled the trigger so to speak. Damm it is good looking.

If the stock is Maple it is not a factory stock. You may be confusing the blonde European Walnut Sako used with Maple, which is a common misconception. The only other wood Sako used was Birch & it was only used on the very early L46 rifles. Pictures are always welcome!

This is why I joined. I know very little about Sako.
Always been a REM BDL and Marlin collector,and we all know what happened there! Looking forward to the conversation...Thank you

Pictures? Members could then tell you exactly what you bought. You can also use our Factory Records Service to find out production & shipping dates & in what configuration it left the factory.

Pictures? Members could then tell you exactly what you bought. You can also use our Factory Records Service to find out production & shipping dates & in what configuration it left the factory.
Pictures from IPhone. Not best, hell I’m still trying to program my Betamax! That said #40776. Looks like heavy barrel. Gorgeous everything else. Thx for the help everyone. At range when snow stops.

Attachments

• FA3BD02B-91E6-447E-A7F1-BB292F52A581.jpeg
    FA3BD02B-91E6-447E-A7F1-BB292F52A581.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 460052ED-ED18-4FF7-B532-919823C72441.jpeg
    460052ED-ED18-4FF7-B532-919823C72441.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 21
  • BEABC701-44FF-4E5B-A18D-B9CAF42C24CE.jpeg
    BEABC701-44FF-4E5B-A18D-B9CAF42C24CE.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 20
  • FCFA3E81-9377-4285-96A0-525F01E26BF7.jpeg
    FCFA3E81-9377-4285-96A0-525F01E26BF7.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 21
I would run a Factory Records Sevice check on it. Looks like a nice L46 with the Beavertail varmint stock, but that serial number looks high for it to have a pancake style cheek piece & a front sight on a HB. However, with Sako you never know. Looks like it has Extra-High Leupold ring mounts, which will make it harder to get a good cheek weld on the low comb stock, but the 222 Rem recoil makes that less important. Previous owner probably had a big belled scope on it. Clean little rifle. Enjoy!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Back