• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Member, Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi everyone, I'm happy to be a new member! I have circa 10 older Sakos or rifles with Sako actions and love them. Side note: I have a .243 Finnwolf with a broken stock, kind of heartbroken as its a recent acquisition - but in any event I'm hopeful the SCC membership can help me in the future find a new stock. More important, glad to be here and hope to contribute for years to come!

Welcome aboard SORRY to hear about your Finnwolf stock. was it broken during shipping ? Finding an original stock may be hard to do. Is your gun a 3 or 4 shot version, I.E. does it have a flat bottom mag or a casket bottom mag? We love to see pictures.

Hi Marlin92, thanks for replying, nice to meet you. To be honest I don't know what happened. Upon taking receipt at FFL a few days ago, I didn't (obviously) notice it at the FFL. I put it back in box, drove it home (10 minute drive), took out of box and laid it on a table. A few days later I picked it up and worked the action a few times with a snap cap in, and I never heard it crack or anything but I found it broken. never fired, never left my house, and certainly wasn't dropped or mishandled. I just don't know. I'm thinking it was either on the brink when i bought it, or possibly cheaply fixed prior, or who knows. 4 round mag.

Ugh. But, I'll get her back to good shape somehow someday.

Attachments

• finnwolf broken stock.jpg
    finnwolf broken stock.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 23
  • finnwolf mag.jpg
    finnwolf mag.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Finnwolf full pic.jpg
    Finnwolf full pic.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 19
Hi Marlin92, thanks for replying, nice to meet you. To be honest I don't know what happened. Upon taking receipt at FFL a few days ago, I didn't (obviously) notice it at the FFL. I put it back in box, drove it home (10 minute drive), took out of box and laid it on a table. A few days later I picked it up and worked the action a few times with a snap cap in, and I never heard it crack or anything but I found it broken. never fired, never left my house, and certainly wasn't dropped or mishandled. I just don't know. I'm thinking it was either on the brink when i bought it, or possibly cheaply fixed prior, or who knows. 4 round mag.

Ugh. But, I'll get her back to good shape somehow someday.
Hi , sorry to hear about your stock , there's one for sale on usedguns au , not Cheap $ 575 au .

Ouch I feel for you, typical break at the wrist of the stock. Looks like the gun is otherwise in great shape.
Good luck in your quest.

I call that the UPS crack! Don't know how those forklift drivers know exactly where to run over those long boxes. Is it only on one side? If so ,very fixable & the checkering will hide most of it.

Last edited:
As Paulson says, it might just be repairable. I had a similar stock break in a Finnish military target rifle. A gunsmith in Tucson fixed it for me for $150 and you can barely see the repair if you know what you're looking for and where to look. There are a number of good smiths in the Phoenix area who could give you a professional opinion and estimate.

Sounds like you have an interesting collection of Sako and Sako-based rifles. Do post some photos.

Back