• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Bore scope

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Seems like a suspiciously low price. I'd check major online sellers like Brownells and Midway to see if any of them handle it and if so, are there any reviews. Likewise a Google search for reviews. There might be something on YouTube. I have a Lyman that cost quite a bit more, and is generally regarded as the least expensive "good" bore scope. However, I've never actually used it (I grabbed it on sale) so can't give it a review.

The reviews are good, and they seem to be authentic, as they have a certain amount of detail to them. Note, however, that the manufacturer does solicit reviews and one reviewer describes a "free gift" scam to get his cell phone number. It's only 45 bucks with the online coupon and it's returnable, so for that money I'd say it might be worth a try. If you get one, do tell the rest of us how you like it.

Seems like a suspiciously low price. I'd check major online sellers like Brownells and Midway to see if any of them handle it and if so, are there any reviews. Likewise a Google search for reviews. There might be something on YouTube. I have a Lyman that cost quite a bit more, and is generally regarded as the least expensive "good" bore scope. However, I've never actually used it (I grabbed it on sale) so can't give it a review.
Icebear, I have one and I think it is a great scope for the money. I use it all the time after I buy a rifle. (I should be using it before buying). Gather up all your courage before you check out your rifles. You are likely to see a few things you wish you hadn't.

Reactions: FLT
I bought this Teslong from Amazon about a year ago, and was blown away with the brightness and clarity it has. I had purchased a Lyman prior to this, and returned it because it just wasn't clear enough to see much detail. The Teslong lets you see everything, and because it is powered by your phone (or computer) there's plenty of light. They are $79, well worth it. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Teslong-Bore...words=teslong+borescope&qid=1600174662&sr=8-5

Sage advice, I no longer use a bore scope unless there is a problem with accuracy. There is a learning curve involved with bore scope use and most folks are initially disappointed with what they see.

The borescope is an extremely useful gadget. but like any other gadget, it needs to be used with discretion. An ugly looking bore doesn't necessarily mean an inaccurate gun. Visible pitting in the bore may or may not affect accuracy. I have two Finnish Lahti pistols, one a military issue version that has quite a bit of pitting due to the gun being stored in the issue leather holster, the other a late civilian version in like-new condition. The pitted one consistently outshoots the like-new one. The keys to accuracy are that the throat is not badly eroded, the bore does not have anything in it that will destabilize the bullet, and the muzzle crown is undamaged. Another of my guns, a Swedish Mauser sniper rifle, has enough copper in it to support the Chilean mining industry for a year. I've been cleaning it with copper remover for years and the patches still come out blue. It shoots MOA. So, by all means use a bore scope - but understand that what it tells you requires interpretation.

I received this promo this AM
https://endosnake.com/collections/e.../endosnake-viper-3-9mm?variant=29447691403325

Looks like it uses a smart phone for a display. Is anyone familiar with it? Opinions? Alternatives?

Thanks
I use a bore lite
Never runs out, can add a torch to it if you want more light, fits on pocket so you can take it out when looking for rifles very easily. Makes it easy to take pics of your bore or just do a visual with your eye. Costs between 5 and 15 dollars on your country. A few pics below of one of my rifles bores. This had torchlight directed on the bore lite because it was dark in that room. Screenshot_20200929-134216_eBay.jpg 20200826_070556.jpg 20200826_070550.jpg

Sage advice, I no longer use a bore scope unless there is a problem with accuracy. There is a learning curve involved with bore scope use and most folks are initially disappointed with what they see.

True, true. The other side of the coin is when you run the scope down a Hart or Krieger barrel and you can hear the angels sing. Oh my! But really, all that has been said here is true, I just wanted another toy. :D

Latest posts

Back