• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

G'day and welcome home

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rogan Kinnear

G'day guys.
Thought I'd introduce my self. I have purchased a brand new, second-hand, forester and can't wait to get it out of lockup. If you're not familiar with Australian gun laws, we have to apply to purchase and own each rifle we want. What is it? Well, I believe it's an older sporter L579 in 308. Interestingly it has front sight, minus the hood, ladder style barrel mounted rear sight incidents to 300 yard or meters? and a Sako peep. The stock has seen better days, but a beautiful blond girl she is. Action silky smooth and she's beautiful to boot. Welcome home love and thanks for having us fellas and sheilas.
Resized_20200701_122652001.jpeg
Resized_20200701_122659002%20%281%29.jpeg

Last edited:
Rogan.
welcome. plenty of aussie sako collectors & users here.
not seen an L 579 here in aust with with that style of rear site. couple of photos would be great.
if you go to the factory records section on here for a few dollars & your rifles ser no will give you a date your rifle left the factory.
susanna

Mate that's not me, I count find a picture that I liked but that pic. I took it at local rodeo in Mungindi. I'd like to get on one day but if probably start with the miniatures .
I rode a few in my teenage years. I stayed on real well until someone opened the gate and let him out of the chute. I just do the roping events now

I rode a few in my teenage years. I stayed on real well until someone opened the gate and let him out of the chute. I just do the roping events now
Ha ha usually the way . Nice! Mate when we have young fellas, will be getting them in early. That way they won't have money for drugs, booz or pokies

Back