• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Where are all the Finnwolf Collectors?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

enotstehw

Banned
If . . . your a wolf collector . . . tell us how many you have?

Now I'm a M72 collector, but along the way I have picked up sold several wolf's when I think I've found a good purchase.
I currently have six wolfs in my den . . . and one more wolf should arrive next week.

Then every post this forum is just that.

I'm trying to prove that only finnwolf collectors are the authority on determining value of a finnwolf that has a low serial number, such as 045.

The average Sako collector has no idea of the value of a low serial numbered finnwolf.

My 2 cents worth for consideration. The Finnwolfs are a rather rare rifle. Collectable both as a shooter and a "Safe Queen". Rare in number and quality. Any original AS NEW and UNFIRED SCC Commemorative rifle sets are very highly valued and always will be. (They are becoming more valuable as uninformed heirs are breaking up the sets thru ignorance as to the value of what they have and more complete sets are lost!) The more common standard shooters are valued for their unique popularity as a fine hunting rifle. Therefore as a very much sought after collector's item the market value can only be determined by the amount of money that changes hands between the seller and the buyer. The amount is determined by how bad the seller needs to sell and how much the buyer wants the rifle. This has caused an odd situation where there cannot be a general value set. Sakojim.

The Finnwolf is just another gun. They typically sell in the mid-teens. End of story.

Last edited:
The Finnwolf is just another gun. They typically sell in the mid-teens. End of story.
Well, not quite "just another gun". No rifle which is long-since out of production and will (presumably) never be produced again is "just another gun". It is one of only two lever action centerfire rifles for full size cartridges ever produced which used a one-piece stock, the Winchester 88 being the other (I'm not considering the Marlin 62 or Ruger 96 since they used primarily pistol-type cartridges.) Both the Finnwolf and the Winchester 88 definitely have a following which boosts their prices to something above their intrinsic values as hunting rifles. For example, a Sako Forester standard grade from the same year and in the same condition as a Finnwolf would probably bring $500 less on the market, even though it and the Finnwolf were priced within a few dollars of one another when new. So, there is certainly a market for Finnwolfs which exceeds their value as shooters.

I think that the question which the poster in the thread which initially started this conversation asked http://sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/sako-finnwolf-bofors.12239/#post-63939 is not whether the Finnwolf is "collectible", but how much a very early Finnwolf with a very low serial number might be worth compared to one in similar condition but newer and with a higher serial number. There is no pat answer to this question, since the value of collectibles is very highly subjective, but most of us would say that the low number and early production is worth some premium. If I already have a Finnwolf with a serial number lower than the one in question then it is probably not worth nearly as much to me as it would be to someone interested in Finnwolfs who doesn't own such an example.

If . . . your a wolf collector . . . tell us how many you have?

Now I'm a M72 collector, but along the way I have picked up sold several wolf's when I think I've found a good purchase.
I currently have six wolfs in my den . . . and one more wolf should arrive next week.
I currently own three and am always in the market to add to that number

Sure is a pretty. Nice catch. A keeper for sure. Unfortunately I wouldn't dream of shooting something that looks this good. Some rifles ae just destined to become safe queens but that is how we preserve the legacy of Sako rifles that were produced back in the day. If you absolutely have to shoot something like this, buy another one that has been used a bit. Keep this one pristine and hand it down to someone in the family that will appreciate it for what it is.

rick

how much you want for it
that is the nicest stock i have seen on a the finnwolf
i have seen one with 2 cheek rests
unfired and premium stock over 3000
i will offer you 2000

Last edited:
yes but who knows might be getting a devorse by now and he needs too sell lol
you looking for sako lever unfired or a custom bolt action both 243
sell one keeping other

Very nice wood, almost similar like mine Deluxe Finnwolf. What would be price for Deluxe Finnwolf with bofors barrel? Non shot.

Very nice wood, almost similar like mine Deluxe Finnwolf. What would be price for Deluxe Finnwolf with bofors barrel? Non shot.
We can only speculate on that since the price would not only vary tremendously from country to country, but there are absolutely no comparable sales to help value it. My exceedingly approximate guess would be that if offered by a reliable party on Gunbroker, or perhaps Rock Island Auction, in the U.S. that it would bring in the $5,000-$7,500 USD range. But that is rank speculation on my part since the market for very high grade and unusual guns is so "thin". Whether it might bring more or less in Australia, Canada, or Finland is quite another subject.

i guesss i jumped the gun i thought you were asking about mine
i guess iam not asking enough for mine

Last edited:
Back