• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Trigger Guard

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi, just took my new finnwolf apart to have a look see and find out what was what. All seems to be in good condition, though one of the connector links, part # 303 or 304, has noticeably more lateral play then the other side. What I'm posting this thread for is to find out if it was common practice for Sako to use miss matched numbered parts. All parts that were numbered have numbers matching the serial number of the rifle except the trigger guard, part # 411. That is numbered 949, a number lower than the the serial number and the rest of the numbered parts. So is that part not original or just common practice? Thanks

Last edited:
Richard Here is a bit of an update
I decided to look at some of my current Finnwolfs.
I may have misspoke when I said the serial numbers matched, it is more likely the guns
I took apart had no serial etched on the trigger guards, I kept trying to remember if I actually was remembering correctly and decided to try to verify.
I looked at 6 Finnwolfs, 2 are 4 shot versions I recently picked up, and 4 are 3 shot versions. The interesting thing is that the 2 4 shot versions had numbers etched on the trigger guard and the numbers did NOT match the serial numbers of the guns. The 4 3 shot versions that I looked at had no numbers etched on the trigger guard.
If other members want to check it is as simple as opening up the action and looking on the left inside near the front of the trigger guard. So at this point I am not sure what to say.

Last edited:
It is common practice with some gun manufacturers to use "assembly numbers" to keep track of large parts intended for a particular gun. These assembly numbers do not match the serial number. Bolts, if numbered at all, are normally numbered to the gun after headspacing.

Hi, just took my new finnwolf apart to have a look see and find out what was what. All seems to be in good condition, though one of the connector links, part # 303 or 304, has noticeably more lateral play then the other side. What I'm posting this thread for is to find out if it was common practice for Sako to use miss matched numbered parts. All parts that were numbered have numbers matching the serial number of the rifle except the trigger guard, part # 411. That is numbered 949, a number lower than the the serial number and the rest of the numbered parts. So is that part not original or just common practice? Thanks

thats sweet
what grain bullet
my lever sako 308 can cover 5 shots with a nickle 100 yards only got 7 power scope 125 grain flat base barns copper 51grains 748 winchester powder

IMG_20180328_142501_1.jpg
thats sweet
what grain bullet
my lever sako 308 can cover 5 shots with a nickle 100 yards only got 7 power scope 125 grain flat base barns copper 51grains 748 winchester powder
I think that was with 168 grain IMI RasorCore.
I fired 5 rounds, ran down, took a photo, ran back, and did that two more times. The groups we falling apart and so was I, lol. It was early spring, icy, I had my carharts and boots on.

Last edited:
nice i would of had heart attack lol
good thing you werent out hunting and had too do that with that gun
11lbs alot of gun
that gun must be good well past 1000 yards
my game are usally inside 400yards
like shooting inside 300 though

Shooting it actually tends to get a little bit boring, 200 m is the longest range around would like to take it out for some real distance shooting. There's a range a couple of hours drive from where I am that has 500 yard targets though last I heard they were having legal issues with the neighbors and were not open.

IMG_20200815_145613_601.jpg
Shooting it actually tends to get a little bit boring, 200 m is the longest range around would like to take it out for some real distance shooting. There's a range a couple of hours drive from where I am that has 500-yard targets though last I heard they were having legal issues with the neighbours and were not open.
Need to get on a farm with someone you know and stretch her legs out. Get some reactive targets. I love gongs or soda cans. I've attached a pic of us playing with reactive targets. This day we laid out full soda cans from 25 yards to 110 different heights and up and around that gravel pile at the rear. Great fun.

Last edited:
This day we laid out full soda cans from 25 yards to 110
That's the best use I know for the awful-tasting "store brand" sodas that are often on promotional sale for pennies a can. I used to set them up for my grandkids to shoot with a BB gun. When hit they "bleed" a small stream of soda which is extremely gratifying to the shooter. Used at longer range for a rifle target they produce a rewarding geyser of pressurized carbonated beverage.

Friends and I are fond of shooting at the two-liter plastic jugs of the same soda which we place at about 700 yards. With just a little wind and mirage they become truly challenging to hit, but make a grand orange or purple (depending on which gawdawful flavor you choose) display when a bullet finally pops one. People have asked if something that costs a full dollar is kind of an expensive target. Hell, no! When compared with the five to ten dollars worth of ammunition it takes to finally hit one, the cost of the target is the least expensive part of the sport.:D

That's the best use I know for the awful-tasting "store brand" sodas that are often on promotional sale for pennies a can. I used to set them up for my grandkids to shoot with a BB gun. When hit they "bleed" a small stream of soda which is extremely gratifying to the shooter. Used at longer range for a rifle target they produce a rewarding geyser of pressurized carbonated beverage.

Friends and I are fond of shooting at the two-liter plastic jugs of the same soda which we place at about 700 yards. With just a little wind and mirage they become truly challenging to hit, but make a grand orange or purple (depending on which gawdawful flavor you choose) display when a bullet finally pops one. People have asked if something that costs a full dollar is kind of an expensive target. Hell, no! When compared with the five to ten dollars worth of ammunition it takes to finally hit one, the cost of the target is the least expensive part of the sport.:D
:D :D absolutely!

Back