• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Black Wolf - MIA?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

If I look on the sako.fi site, under Sako 85, I do not see the Sako Black Wolf as an option to buy.

What gives? Are they temporarily out of stock / production? Or, are they done producing the Sako Black Wolf forever?

Anyone know?

Rob

If I look on the sako.fi site, under Sako 85, I do not see the Sako Black Wolf as an option to buy.

What gives? Are they temporarily out of stock / production? Or, are they done producing the Sako Black Wolf forever?

Anyone know?

Rob
EuroOptics web site shows they have them in stock. They handle Sakos. Check their site or call them

EuroOptics web site shows they have them in stock. They handle Sakos. Check their site or call them
Hi Tomball -

I guess my question really applies to "Is Sako Still Making Them?" I just purchased one last November, took 5 months to get. Someone stated they were rare / hard to find and could be a collector's item etc. The dealer where I got them said "No, they are not... They just make limited run of them." But I find it strange that you cannot even find the product anymore on Sako's site. I know certain dealers have them in stock, between 2150 and 2300-ish. Do I have a rare gun?

https://www.sako.fi/sites/default/files/Sako_Rifles_2019.pdf

It is listed on this site for 2019. Whether they sell or not, who knows. All u need to do is a search for the information. Failing success at a search, call Beretta USA for information. Luck may not be on your side when speaking with them as their knowledge about Sakos are limited or so it seems when I speak with them about their products.
I would agree with that (calling Baretta is futile). Yep, not found on site. And other searches come up, well, dry...

I would agree with that (calling Baretta is futile). Yep, not found on site. And other searches come up, well, dry...

As Tomball said, they are listed for sale on the EurOptics site. Shown as available in 300 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06, 308 Win, & 6.5 Creedmoor. Sako makes so many different specialty Model 85s now that most can be considered "rare", I guess. That's one homely rifle, IMHO, so it will probably stay rare, as well.

As Tomball said, they are listed for sale on the EurOptics site. Shown as available in 300 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06, 308 Win, & 6.5 Creedmoor. Sako makes so many different specialty Model 85s now that most can be considered "rare", I guess. That's one homely rifle, IMHO, so it will probably stay rare, as well.
I am one homely owner of one homely BW ;)

have not had a chance to fire it yet.

Hi Guys!

I asked my contact at Sako this question and he came back with an answer just now.

The fact is that most customers bought the Carbonwolf instead of the BW. So the Black Wolf was discontinued due to this.

Jim

Hi Guys!

I asked my contact at Sako this question and he came back with an answer just now.

The fact is that most customers bought the Carbonwolf instead of the BW. So the Black Wolf was discontinued due to this.

Jim
Thanks Jim - So, does this make the black wolf collectible in a sense?

Thanks Jim - So, does this make the black wolf collectible in a sense?
The current Model 85 & it's predecessor the Model 75 don't have any collector following that I'm aware of. A rifle model that is less than a decade old would probably not attract any collector interests, but who knows what the future holds. There are a host of factors that determine any items collectibility & rarity is only one of those factors. Most quality firearms will keep up with inflation at best & a very few will command serious collector interest. What category your Black Wolf ends up in is impossible to predict. If you look at the collector market today you see some very rare model/caliber combinations that are 50+ years old bringing $3000 to $5000 & this is for only a handful of rifles. Over 98% of all the old Sakos we talk about on this site bring $800 to $1500. Either way, I wouldn't count on your Black Wolf being a factor in your retirement.

I second what paulson just wrote so adequately.

Too new to be of real interest except for a couple of hunters/shooters is my two cents.

Perhaps in 20-50 years someone will pay more than it cost new but I doubt it will be very much.

But I have been wrong before so don’t quote me on it.:)

Jim

The current Model 85 & it's predecessor the Model 75 don't have any collector following that I'm aware of. A rifle model that is less than a decade old would probably not attract any collector interests, but who knows what the future holds. There are a host of factors that determine any items collectibility & rarity is only one of those factors. Most quality firearms will keep up with inflation at best & a very few will command serious collector interest. What category your Black Wolf ends up in is impossible to predict. If you look at the collector market today you see some very rare model/caliber combinations that are 50+ years old bringing $3000 to $5000 & this is for only a handful of rifles. Over 98% of all the old Sakos we talk about on this site bring $800 to $1500. Either way, I wouldn't count on your Black Wolf being a factor in your retirement.
thank you.

I second what paulson just wrote so adequately.

Too new to be of real interest except for a couple of hunters/shooters is my two cents.

Perhaps in 20-50 years someone will pay more than it cost new but I doubt it will be very much.

But I have been wrong before so don’t quote me on it.:)

Jim
thanks jim

If you can get a great deal on a new one I would grab it. If you already have one, keep the box and take good care of it.

Back