• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 75 WSM Magazine?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Anybody know where I can buy a spare magazine in the U.S. for a Sako 75 Finnlight (300WSM) with an SM action? I just bought a magazine from Beretta and found out it was a 300WSM magazine made for a V action, which is too long for my short mag action. There is a block in the magazine that was sent to me to fit in the longer magnum action. I did not see anything available on Gunbroker, EBay or anywhere else on the internet. Thanks.
e4961f23b8ec7d92c1dccb602fdf22f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I have one. It holds three WSM rounds just fine, but it could be for a .308. It measures .985" width at the rear, .830" at the front, and the blued bottom is 3.225" long. If this matches your magazine's dimensions send me a Private Conversation.

I measured the steel part of the mag and got 1.08" at the rear, 0.98" at the front, 3.07" for length...and the aluminum base was 3.22" in length. So it seems your magazine may not work for my 300WSM.
54b33dad028ac24e74a7d5436da39dcd.jpg

I measured the steel part of the mag and got 1.08" at the rear, 0.98" at the front, 3.07" for length...and the aluminum base was 3.22" in length. So it seems your magazine may not work for my 300WSM.
54b33dad028ac24e74a7d5436da39dcd.jpg

I guess the mag box nor the mag base are steel...I measured the length and width of the mag box 1st, then the length of the base.

From the slight difference in measurements I think that the magazine I have must be for a 75-III, or 243/.308. Sorry mine won't work for you. However, if someone needs a mag for a 75-III they should contact me as I have no rifle that this magazine fits.

Anybody know where I can buy a spare magazine in the U.S. for a Sako 75 Finnlight (300WSM) with an SM action? I just bought a magazine from Beretta and found out it was a 300WSM magazine made for a V action, which is too long for my short mag action. There is a block in the magazine that was sent to me to fit in the longer magnum action. I did not see anything available on Gunbroker, EBay or anywhere else on the internet. Thanks.

From looking at the side by side pic of the mags, it appears the "block" part of the longer mag can be cut out & the end welded back. If the bottom plate can be modified as well (shortened) you would have your mag. Do you have a good metalsmith or weld/fab shop nearby? If so, it might be worth talking to them. Doesn't appear to be all that tough a job for one with the right skills & tools.

Those are expensive mags to be cutting up in hopes they will work once modified. I think I would rather sell the rifle than do that. I require all my mag-fed rifles that are field guns to have at least 2 mags.

Lonewolf,

Was just browsing at sakosource.com and they show a magazine listed as a 75 .300 WSM. If you go to the site, scroll down to scopes and parts. Have a look, maybe this one is correct and the price seems fair too.

Sean

Lonewolf,

Was just browsing at sakosource.com and they show a magazine listed as a 75 .300 WSM. If you go to the site, scroll down to scopes and parts. Have a look, maybe this one is correct and the price seems fair too.

Sean
Sean,

I did not see any magazines listed for a Sako 75 SM action 300WSM. The closest thing I saw was a Sako 75 V action 300WM magazine, and it was SOLD. Thanks anyway!

Sean,

I did not see any magazines listed for a Sako 75 SM action 300WSM. The closest thing I saw was a Sako 75 V action 300WM magazine, and it was SOLD. Thanks anyway!

I’d look again. It’s a stainless magazine for $75.00. States, Sako 75III 300 WSM. Look under the scopes and parts tab, shows available as of this morning 5:45 PST.

Last edited:
OK I found it...tried calling twice and never heard back. Says it's for a III action, which is for short action calibers, so who knows what they might have.

Glad you found it. Yeah, I guess the next question is, will it fit? My understanding is, they know their stuff. So hopefully they can verify exactly which rifle it fits. Photos maybe? $75.00 is a fair price if it’s right. Good Luck

Glad you found it. Yeah, I guess the next question is, will it fit? My understanding is, they know their stuff. So hopefully they can verify exactly which rifle it fits. Photos maybe? $75.00 is a fair price if it’s right. Good Luck
I got an email from them over the weekend, and apparently the magazine had been sold, but wasn't taken off the website :( . Try, try again....

Check Midwest Gun Works. They show both blued & stainless SM magazines in steel & stainless steel for $99. They show Finnlight aluminum magazines as discontinued. I think dimensions are probably the same - just only available in steel now.
Terry

Check Midwest Gun Works. They show both blued & stainless SM magazines in steel & stainless steel for $99. They show Finnlight aluminum magazines as discontinued. I think dimensions are probably the same - just only available in steel now.
Terry
All-
I just found an SM magazine on Gunbroker yesterday that had been mismarked as a .243 magazine. I had the seller check .300WSM in the mag and it fit perfectly. So I bought it and am currently awaiting its arrival.

Are you looking to sell? I have a 300wsm in a V frame`

Latest posts

Back