• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 75 Hunter A- V "Need Help"

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have a Sako 75 Hunter, Action 5 , long action and I need front and rear action screws. Called Beretta (Sako) and was advised that parts not available, discontinued. Tried Midwest Gun Works, Brownell's and Midway to no avail. Reaching out to you for advice as to where I might find these parts. Beautiful rifle but lays on the bench. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Sako 75 Hunter, Action 5 , long action and I need front and rear action screws. Called Beretta (Sako) and was advised that parts not available, discontinued. Tried Midwest Gun Works, Brownell's and Midway to no avail. Reaching out to you for advice as to where I might find these parts. Beautiful rifle but lays on the bench. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try eBay, normally action screws are listed often. Cannot say if yours will be listed

It's the spare part set 17 for the action screws. Blued, stainless or deluxe. Sure the rifle is discontinued, but that doesn't mean there are no spare parts.

Do you know any metal workers?

They are all standard threads which, once you know it can be found relatively easy in fastner shops, any metal worker can modify them to length once you have found something in the right thread.

I just looked on Mid West and found trigger guard screws for Model 75 deluxe for your gun assuming 7mm, 300 win, 338 etc. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/S5960267. Look at this and see if this helps you. Not sure if deluxe and non deluxe are the same but should be. I know about these since I have accumulating various spares. Forster is another source that I use for trigger guard screws for Sako.

First, it is important to get the model designation correct. Yours is a "Model 75-V", not "A-V". The A-V is an earlier model and actually a derivative of the original L61R that uses a two-lug bolt. Your Model 75 uses a three-lug bolt and varies from the A-V in many dimensions.

However, I would guess that the action screws are probably the same for all of these actions, although I haven't checked to see if there is a difference. At any rate, there is no physical difference in a "deluxe" action screw and a "standard" one, so those that Tomball pointed out in his post should work for you.

First, it is important to get the model designation correct. Yours is a "Model 75-V", not "A-V". The A-V is an earlier model and actually a derivative of the original L61R that uses a two-lug bolt. Your Model 75 uses a three-lug bolt and varies from the A-V in many dimensions.

However, I would guess that the action screws are probably the same for all of these actions, although I haven't checked to see if there is a difference. At any rate, there is no physical difference in a "deluxe" action screw and a "standard" one, so those that Tomball pointed out in his post should work for you.

Model 75 rear screw is a little longer than than earlier A-V models or is for my guns. Will screw in but bite is too short. Did not check front. Also found model 85 rear screw is a little shorter than the 75. Model 85 uses torq head. I was checking this last week as spares are hard to get sometimes. Been lucky on eBay a few times

It's the spare part set 17 for the action screws. Blued, stainless or deluxe. Sure the rifle is discontinued, but that doesn't mean there are no spare parts.
Yes, it Set 17 parts 69 & 70. I went thru Beretta and they said they would check for me and get back. They were very gracious with their reply but stated rifle and parts discontinued and have none in stock. They recommended Midwest Gun Works and Brownell's checked with both of them. Brownell's did a special check? for me and called back stating discontinued, not available. Thank you for your reply.

I just looked on Mid West and found trigger guard screws for Model 75 deluxe for your gun assuming 7mm, 300 win, 338 etc. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/S5960267. Look at this and see if this helps you. Not sure if deluxe and non deluxe are the same but should be. I know about these since I have accumulating various spares. Forster is another source that I use for trigger guard screws for Sako.
Followed your lead and went on MGW and ordered the set. They were of tremendous help and from all indications these screw will fit. I can't thank you enough for your generosity and assistance. SAKO Club Members, Thank you!

Back