• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello everyone. Sako A1 .17 Rem for sale

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Lucas

6898932.1020077599.jpg 6898932.460206772.jpg 6898932.1008828429.jpg 6898932.1290699160.jpg 6898932.387490666.jpg Hello everyone,
My Name is Lucas. I am located in Germany, Northrhine Westfalia, Düsseldorf.
I am selling my Sako A1 in .17 Remington. The rifle is in a very good condition, having been shot only 26 times. The barrel is therfore like new but shows two minimal spots of corrosion on the blueing, which are just slightly being visible for the eye. The allover condition is as new as well. I am selling the gun with the Scope, which is a Zeiss Diatal 8x56 T*.

I find that this gun is special all over and has to get into the right knowing and loving hands. I am eager to find someone in this forum which to me seems the right place to search.

The price is 1150 € scope included.
If someone is interested, the shipping costs have to be paied by the customer.

Greetings
Lucas DSC_0973klein.jpg DSC_0973klein.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rifle and the first I’ve seen chambered for .17rem. in the ‘Target’ configuration.
Out of interest, what make are the mounts Lucas, and have they been drilled and tapped into the dovetails in any way ?

Beautiful - How hard would it be to have the rifle imported to US - or to Australia, or to any other country.
My son is in Germany (US Air Force) no way would US Ship it in his household goods. and getting caught smuggling it would be a NIGHTMARE!!!

Beautiful - How hard would it be to have the rifle imported to US - or to Australia, or to any other country.
My son is in Germany (US Air Force) no way would US Ship it in his household goods. and getting caught smuggling it would be a NIGHTMARE!!!

To Australia it is relatively straight forward with the correct permits and if the seller is willing to do what’s required at their end.
Usually an expensive procedure for a ‘one off’
import.

To Australia it is relatively straight forward with the correct permits and if the seller is willing to do what’s required at their end.
Usually an expensive procedure for a ‘one off’
import.

Yeah, I am curious if anyone's gone through the importation process and what the fee would be. A friend wanted to buy a rifle here and have it shipped to South Africa; if I remember correctly it was something like $700 US.

When I was in SA there were quite a few SAKO 7X57's, I've always wanted to get one and bring it back to the States.

Yeah, I am curious if anyone's gone through the importation process and what the fee would be. A friend wanted to buy a rifle here and have it shipped to South Africa; if I remember correctly it was something like $700 US.

When I was in SA there were quite a few SAKO 7X57's, I've always wanted to get one and bring it back to the States.

The import permit here in Australia is free (B709), you will need a ‘Permit to Acquire’
(PTA) - $30.00.
The fees at the export end vary depending on country of course, the import fee at this end is dictated by the the dealer handling the procedure. This figure can vary greatly.

Beautiful rifle! I wish you luck on selling it internationally. Reasonable price with the Zeiss scope as well.
Those look like EAW quick detachable mounts to me. I have the same set on my Steyr model m. Granted these look like they are drift on bases for the Sako dovetails, whereas mine are screw on.

I know nothing of the current military rules and regulations, but lots of U.S. servicemen in Germany used to by Sakos (and other firearms) and the military would ship them back to the U.S. with their other belongings. All it took was written permission from the serviceman's commanding officer to purchase the gun. Of course, things change, but you should have your son inquire about purchasing and repatriating guns.

I own two bring backs. An AII 243 with iron sights. I bought that from the serviceman who bought it in early 80's. I want to say he told me he bought it at the Ramstein PX. The other is an A2 .308 version of Lucas's .17. Not sure on its history.

I know nothing of the current military rules and regulations, but lots of U.S. servicemen in Germany used to by Sakos (and other firearms) and the military would ship them back to the U.S. with their other belongings. All it took was written permission from the serviceman's commanding officer to purchase the gun. Of course, things change, but you should have your son inquire about purchasing and repatriating guns.

It's changed A LOT !!!! No firearms are permitted outside CONUS. I believe Alaska has exemption - Hawaii does not.
When I was active, it was on our orders that no firearms could be shipped, period.

Prior to that, yeah they sold firearms through Rod and Gun Club on post; A good friend of mine got a SAKO 7.62X39 - no one wanted to buy the "commie round"!! He shipped it home - no problems, but that was in the late 70's or early 80's. Somewhere in the 90's is when they stopped shipping firearms to Germany and Europe.

Back