• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Question on Sako Vixen L461

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Trapper105

Did Sako make a Vixen L461 with a fluted barrel? If they did. Is it a rare? I know Sako has fluted barrels on newer rifles, but I’ve never seen one on older Vixens. Thanks.

I think fluted barrels came into fashion after vixen’s had stopped being manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think fluted barrels came into fashion after vixen’s had stopped being manufactured.

That’s what I thought too. But, I was looking at a 1970’s vixen with a legit Finland Sako barrel with original flutes. Owner said it was a rare Sako. I couldn’t find anything on the internet about Sako making an early Vixen model with fluted barrel. The mystery continues....

Yeah, I hear you. I have a Sako AV in 7mm Rem mag and it was assembled by Gregg Warren in Oregon at Kimber of Oregon back before Kimber was still building one off rifles by special order. He’s long passed now, but I was able to contact and speak personally with a gentleman who worked with Gregg on my rifle before he parted ways and opened Cooper firearms. He gave me very little, but some history on my rifle. Funny, he remembered the order. My barrel was a custom barrel made by some famous barrel maker in NM, the stock was made by a nobody that turned out to be someone who left a trail of beautiful and ugly rifle stocks. It was built in 1984 or 1985.

Yeah, I hear you. I have a Sako AV in 7mm Rem mag and it was assembled by Gregg Warren in Oregon at Kimber of Oregon.

Sounds like a beautiful rifle you have. Since I’ve lived in Oregon most of my life. I’ve seen several fine Kimber of Oregon rifles over the years. I should have bought one years ago. Now, I’m always on the look out for that one special SuperAmerica 22 LR at the right price, under $2k...

It’s a gorgeous rifle. To The untrained eye, just looks like a Sako rifle sleeping in a Turkish walnut stock. I’m actually as we are chatting having it changed up a bit to make it more shoulder friendly. I had a mercury recoil reducer and a kick eez butt pad installed. The original barrel finally gave up the ghost so I am having a Kreiger heavy sporter barrel installed. That should tame the recoil for bench shooting.

37fcde8a399f76a42b2e5b9af7d4b2e1.jpg

This my 7 mag. Picked it up today.

Naw, my daughters can fight over it when I’m gone. My brother and I were both given same rifles for Christmas gifts in 1984 by our parents. First time I have had anything done to it that required a gunsmith. It is unbelievable that it’s the same rifle. LOL, It was pretty beat up.

Back