• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Need a few L461 parts

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I just bought my first Sako! It's missing a lot of parts. Please excuse my novice knowledge of the rifle, but i'll try to explain what parts I need:

It's a L461 with a 112xxx serial number. Appears to be a 17 Rem, but could be a 17-223....?
I need:
-trigger with safety - FOUND

-magazine spring
-follower
or
-benchrest plate for single shot - FOUND

-bolt guide
-bolt guide band
-other bolt parts (3)?
-long extractor
or
- complete bolt

-bolt release
-trigger release pin

I can provide pics if necessary.

thanks!

Justin

Last edited:
The trigger and mag spring are probably going to be doable. You might run across a complete bolt. My question is... what happened to the parts that you are looking for?

pics would help

rick

The trigger and mag spring are probably going to be doable. You might run across a complete bolt. My question is... what happened to the parts that you are looking for?

pics would help

rick

This was the last rifle being built at a custom shop that went out of business a few decades ago. The entire inventory was bought out and has been stored for years (mostly stocks and a few loose actions). No clue where parts are.

I'll get pics up today.

Mag spring and trigger are on GB. Trigger is also on the Bay. Looks like you also need a complete trigger guard assembly. You might luck out on a bolt as they do come up from time to time. As for the rest, hens teeth.

rick

Instead of this rifle having been in the process of being built, I suspect the opposite was happening and that your action has been cannibalized for parts. Unfortunately, to put it back together, if at all possible, will be considerably more expensive than simply buying a complete action.

Instead of this rifle having been in the process of being built, I suspect the opposite was happening and that your action has been cannibalized for parts. Unfortunately, to put it back together, if at all possible, will be considerably more expensive than simply buying a complete action.

That's a possibility I haven't ruled out yet :(

As far as the company, it was at the Winslow Arms Co. The stock that came with the barrel/action matches perfect.

Stonecreek has given you some sage advice, continue to part that rifle out or sell it outright & use that money to buy a complete barreled action. It will be next to impossible to find all the parts you need & prohibitively expensive. I doubt that rifle was in the process of being "custom built" as Winslow's were basically a "custom built" limited production type rifle to start with, an there would be no reason to remove the parts you mention to "build a custom rifle". What is the caliber stamping on the barrel? IIRC, Winslows came with a #1 (pencil barrel) contour, so a Sako factory barreled action would fit with a little inletting work to the barrel channel. If it was made prior to the introduction of the 17 Rem, it could very well be a 17-223 wildcat. Your barrel will screw on any L461 action if you want to keep the caliber.

The barrel is completely bare, not one single marking on it. The Winslow stock that came with it fits the Sako action and whatever barrel on it perfectly.

I'm also keeping my eyes out for a complete action. I can do without the spring and follower since I can load one at a time. I'm also not concerned about the trigger/safety as Timney sells those. It's really just the bolt parts that seem to be the hardest to find.

A bolt stop/ejector will only come off of a cannibalized rifle -- which is undoubtedly where yours went.

Understood. I've changed my first post to reflect what most likely happened. I'll continue searching for the individual parts while simultaneously looking for a complete action and/or bolt. I do appreciate everyone's advice.

Justin

Justin you may want to check to make sure you got the right extractor from the pictures of your bolt it looks like you need an extractor like the one I included a picture of. They are normally pretty hard to come by - just want to be sure you got the correct one.
larry

Attachments

• P1160376.JPG
    P1160376.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 27
Recently used an extractor from a zastava m85 223rem couple of minutes with a file, works a treat, my rifle , l461 222rem no 110xxx. cost here in australia, $45AD
Tony.

Justin you may want to check to make sure you got the right extractor from the pictures of your bolt it looks like you need an extractor like the one I included a picture of. They are normally pretty hard to come by - just want to be sure you got the correct one.
larry
Thank you sir for the pic, I'll send it to the seller tomorrow to confirm.

Justin not sure if any L461 bolts ever took the shorter extractor or not but I do know the A1 did - irregardless from the picture of your bolt it takes the longer extractor and the one you found at rebel's will not work. I included a picture of my one spare bolt with the extractor installed so you can better see it. Look at it and see if it doesn't look like the void in your bolt. By the way the good news is the extractor doesn't need any other parts it provides it's own tension - no additional spring or plunger required.

Attachments

• P1170246.JPG
    P1170246.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back