• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Ammunition sako 310 cadet ammo box

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

susanna

sako 310 cadet ammo sold here in australia, have 3 distinctly 310 rnds. does anybody have or know of any other box styles ?

sako 310 cadet ammo box 001.jpg sako 310 cadet ammo box 002.jpg

Very nice pick up!
Will check my inventory, but i do not think i have any 310 boxes!
Just got some '50's, 25 cal proj's the other day in the yellowish box.
Happy Christmas!
L-46

Last edited:
L46.
have 3 different 310 sako cartridges, wonder did they come in different boxes to this one ?
how about a photo of your 25 cal projectile box, what code no is on the pkt ? sako actually made 25-20w ammo with semi pointed projectiles, as well as 68gr semi pointed projectiles. often wonder what the guys with lever guns thought of them !!
in my ammo collection i have 1 rnd of sako factory loaded 218 bee, any scc memebers sighted a box for this rnd ? have never been able to find one down here.
susanna.

Susanna, I know TW has a Sako 310 box. It is definitely of the same style as yours but I will see if I can get some pics to compare the detail.
He was happy to part with a Red and black ten round 243 box but not the 310!
I have also seen SAKO ammo listed in an old Mick Smith catalog too. 310 may have been listed there.

I will ask a guy in Finland if he has seen any 218 boxes. He knew of the sako 310 ammo but said that most shooters over there would not. He sent a bunch of empty boxes over for me. Some nice newer boxes and a couple of spares that I will bring along next time we meet.

alpine hunter.
never thought to ask TW about sako boxes, him being a true blue aussie only collector.
i also have a few mick smith catalogs will have a closer look. for sure it would have been something smiths sports store would have done to feed the never ending supply of matini cadets.
nice to get boxes from the mother country.
regards the 218 bee ammo made by sako, seems to be a secret. maybe should put a photo up.
susanna

25-20 Projectiles

Susanna,
I have some of these boxes i would be happy to part with a couple, as you can see there is some damage to the packaging, from not being packed correctly when shipping.
They have not been opened and have 50 projectiles in each box.
The white box is shown, only for those who have not seen one before,
I would date these red/orange boxes, as late 50's, but i am sure you know alot about these, so whats your thoughts?

L-46

Attachments

• Dads phone 229 - Copy.JPG
    Dads phone 229 - Copy.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
L46.
i nearly missed your reply & photo.
sorry to dissapoint but dont think anyone knows to much about sako reloading supplies esp me ! have several 25 cal pkts but DO not have your orange colour box, in fact have never seen one before. what i can tell you the 102E code is the same semi point bullet in the few sako factory 25-20 rnds i have. do have similar boxes to the white box in your photo but not with that product code, what weight is on the box end for this box ? sako also made 25 cal projectiles for their 25/35W ammo.
have what look to be the same bullet but are 68gr, think sako made them then stamped the boxes with what ever the true weight turned out to be.
another aussie member, alpinehunter has a few of these style of box maybe we can put a short list together ? will take a few photos of some of mine over the weekend.
pm would be good regards your spare boxes.
susanna

Susanna,
Not sure what these are, but there is a mixed box of about 30 proj, with two different designs.
The one on the left with cannelure is about 71gns and the one on the right is 72 gns.
I am assuming that the box belongs to the71gn projs, with the cannelure as there are about 25 odd in the box.
Any ideas what the M 101 E stands for on the box?
Does your loaded rounds have any date stamp on the box?
I have a couple with '51, day and month, stamped along the top
Feel free to post a photo of your Bee case also!

L-46

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wow, those orange ones are some nice projectile boxes! Never seen ones like that in person or even pictures on the net.

These are my 25 cal boxes.

These first two are code 111E which according to the single projectile remaining in each box, is the semi pointed one that susanna mentioned.

Last edited:
25-35 Win boxes all with code 107E which is a soft point, flat nose.

This box with contents headstamped SAKO 25-35

These ones with the metric designation on Lapua cases.

alpine hunter.
have the same 2 projectile boxes in your 1st 2 photos , my full boxes are flat pointed. your last photo , the 20 rnd box has the code 102E, have a full box similar to yours which has the same code 102E, semi pointed.
L46's 25-20 sako box code 101E is a fmj never seen it before. love to find a factory loaded rnd
susanna

What a great thread, i will have to dig up all my boxes and go through them! so some have not seen daylight for a while,
Not being a cartridge collector, like you guys, what are you seeing with the 'M 102 E' coding?
I am assuming it refers to the projectile type?
Have you guys started to log this yet?
I would be happy to try to date some of these with you,

L-46

alpine hunter.
have the same 2 projectile boxes in your 1st 2 photos , my full boxes are flat pointed. your last photo , the 20 rnd box has the code 102E, have a full box similar to yours which has the same code 102E, semi pointed.
L46's 25-20 sako box code 101E is a fmj never seen it before. love to find a factory loaded rnd
susanna

Sounds like the single pointed projectiles I have in the 111E boxes might not be correct.

Yes the M. 102 E is the projectile code. It is usually just the number followed by the letter so I guess M. is just an abbreviation for "model" or something similar in Finnish.
Somewhere there will be a list of what all of these codes actually are. Maybe an old catalogue or some factory document. It would be great to get hold of the lists from the 50s and 60s! The current ammunition lists have the codes but not for anything that is not current production so no 25-20 codes.

As far as dating goes - the only date I have is a photo of a rough version of this box with the date stamped 15 8 51. I took the photo at one of our Australian Cartridge Collectors Association meetings last year. (this isn't the actual box but similar style if not the same as much of the label was missing)

Susanna,
I have some of these boxes i would be happy to part with a couple, as you can see there is some damage to the packaging, from not being packed correctly when shipping.
They have not been opened and have 50 projectiles in each box.
The white box is shown, only for those who have not seen one before,
I would date these red/orange boxes, as late 50's, but i am sure you know alot about these, so whats your thoughts?

L-46
I have a couple of these orange boxes available to colectors, they are a bit damaged on the ends, but have not been opened
Please PM me with an offer, i can email you some pics of the other boxes as required.
Australian buyers only, as it is too difficult to export them.

L-46

Attachments

• Dads phone 229 - Copy.JPG
    Dads phone 229 - Copy.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
L46. I am currently on my phone and it won't let me PM you. Put my name down for one of those boxes and I will PM you tomorrow about it.

A recent addition to my collection that relates to the conversation about pointed 25 cal projectiles.
Unfortunately it is packed away and I can't remember which projectile code it is. Just a quick photo from my phone in bad light, sorry.
bbeaa91f6c810846ab73125fdea0f97d.jpg

The added label seems to be a warning about the pointed projectiles and tubular magazines.
1b7996eab021a38fcd8cc9e104a9de72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back