• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

M85 Need wood stock recoil lug 85

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi-
New guy here, hoping someone can help. My buddy has a Finnlight with a stock that turned sticky. Purchased a walnut replacement stock, but didn’t come with a wood stock recoil lug. Beretta was absolutely no help, can’t find the part anywhere online. Does anyone have spare that they want to sell or have any ideas?

He loves his rifle, a shame Beretta/Sako doesn’t keep these parts in inventory.
Mac

Hi Mac!
what cal. is the rifle ? & does it have the hole drilled for the recoil lug?PM me if you like. B/T

Hi Mac!
what cal. is the rifle ? & does it have the hole drilled for the recoil lug?PM me if you like. B/T
It is a small action, .308. I am fairly certain that the lugs are universal, for all wood stocks. (Just like the lugs for the synthetic stocks are the same) Will post a pic if I can find one.

Sorry that pic. of a recoil lug is above my pay grade? Most wood stocks have a hole drilled across & thru the area close to the mag. cavity & the recoil cross bolt often impinges on the edge of the recoil lug. This mitigates cracking in the open mag. area & helps with recoil. Again does the stock have a hole thru the mag area??

The newer stocks have the “cross bolt”, but still use the same recoil lug. My older Hunter 85 stock doesn’t have that feature, but still uses the same recoil lug arrangement. Accuflite sold him a lug that must have fit another Sako model. He has been looking around for a month or so, has become a quest.

Hi Mac,
If you look on my post in L579 dated Sept, 9 2022 it shows how I do crossbolt modifications, you may like to try that method. Best of luck!! B/T

Looks like Beretta USA has expanded their disinterest to models still in production. :D:mad:
If you can tolerate Beretta customer service again try giving them the spare part code: S5A60298.

Here is a pic
The one in that pic is the early injection molded version that has the tendency to snap in two. It was replaced with a machined version over 10 years ago, so this is what you will find most likely if anything:
14433627e53d8b8376.jpg

If all else fails it should be a fairly simple job for anyone with a milling machine. Material doesn't need to be anything fancier than structural steel. You can omit the hold down screws and just glue it in place with bedding compound or simple epoxy.

Last edited:
Back