1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Tikka M-65 fullstock 6.5x55

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by robinpeck, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Tikka M-65 fullstock 6.5x55

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Sweet!! Is the extra piece of wood that extends the stock to the end of the barrel factory or added later. Really like it's looks. Never saw one like that before. Very cool !!!

3. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Its all factory. It is a nicely matched but separate piece of wood (the same as the the vast majority of Sako and Husqvarna full-stock rifles). It definitely came from the factory as a full-stock (w/20" barrel). With palm swell and functional cheekpiece it is a very ergonomic rifle....and...built like a walnut ans steel tank.

Note that the Tikka M65/55 came from the factory with a flat receiver ring top and flat rear receiver bridge, both at the same height, with dovetails and also drilled and tapped for standard scope bases. So you can use Tikka rings (see above image) or any flat bottom bases (e.g. Talley bases #252714). Very handy. Not sure why Sako didn't do this.

They are not common but here is another one from a 2104 Danish auction:

http://www.lauritz.com/en/auction/full-stock-sporting-rifle-tikka-m65-caliber-6-5-x-55/i3898178/

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. robinpeck
    This message by robinpeck has been removed from public view. Deleted by robinpeck, Dec 29, 2017.
    Dec 23, 2017 Show
  5. robinpeck
    This message by robinpeck has been removed from public view. Deleted by robinpeck, Dec 29, 2017.
    Dec 29, 2017 Show
  6. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    A few more photos now that I have tracked down and installed an original front sight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  7. Lsa-55

Lsa-55 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Very nice find Robinpeck! I stumbled across a M55 Continental in .222 that is in awesome condition, it's not a full stock but looks very similar to yours along with the cold weather bolt knob! Now all you need to do is find an original butt pad for it.

8. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Mine has a very original pad. See photo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  9. robinpeck
    This message by robinpeck has been removed from public view. Deleted by robinpeck, Feb 4, 2018.
    Feb 4, 2018 Show
  10. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  11. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    I think that is aftermarket/custom stock on a T3 Battue rifle. They did nice job on copying the checkering style though.

12. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    To me it sure looks like a typically clunky Tikka factory stock ( same supplier that makes the CZ stocks?), with the standard Tikka T3 checkering pattern. I would expect a custom stock to be more svelte and also to have hand-cut checkering. The French sales site claims it is a brand new rifle complete with factory warranty, and there is no mention of it being a custom job. Many firearms manufacturers make only limited runs of fullstock rifles for the admittedly small Stutzen market and therefore a lot of people never see them and when they do, assume the rifles have custom stocks. (Similar comments have been made to me about numerous fullstock rifles of mine, including the Tikka M65 Stutzen and a Sako M78 .22LR fullstock below, both of which are completely factory original.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  13. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    How can we find out from Tikka if the T3 Stutzen is a factory job? I have written an inquiry to the Canadian importer (stoegercanada) but have not yet received a reply.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. sakodeluxe

sakodeluxe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Connecticut
    Very nice find!

15. robinpeck
    This message by robinpeck has been removed from public view. Deleted by robinpeck, Feb 8, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018 Show
  16. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Better off writing an e-mail directly to Tikka (Sako). Don't expect a fast reply though.

17. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I got a "probably":

"The Tikka Fullstock is probably something that was manufactured specifically for France. It is not something that is offered in Canada.

Sorry we couldn’t be more help.

Kira Bernardo

Parts and Service

Stoeger Canada (1990) Ltd.

1010 Thornton Rd S

Oshawa, Ontario L1J 7E2

905-436-9077 Ext. 244

https://www.stoegercanada.ca"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018