• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka M-65 fullstock 6.5x55

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

waterwolf

Tikka M-65 fullstock 6.5x55

RLXM961.jpg

DcktSkO.jpg

0BH6WbW.jpg

SuPBK7q.jpg

omfSicG.jpg

fHWcRy8.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet!! Is the extra piece of wood that extends the stock to the end of the barrel factory or added later. Really like it's looks. Never saw one like that before. Very cool !!!

Its all factory. It is a nicely matched but separate piece of wood (the same as the the vast majority of Sako and Husqvarna full-stock rifles). It definitely came from the factory as a full-stock (w/20" barrel). With palm swell and functional cheekpiece it is a very ergonomic rifle....and...built like a walnut ans steel tank.

Note that the Tikka M65/55 came from the factory with a flat receiver ring top and flat rear receiver bridge, both at the same height, with dovetails and also drilled and tapped for standard scope bases. So you can use Tikka rings (see above image) or any flat bottom bases (e.g. Talley bases #252714). Very handy. Not sure why Sako didn't do this.

They are not common but here is another one from a 2104 Danish auction:

http://www.lauritz.com/en/auction/full-stock-sporting-rifle-tikka-m65-caliber-6-5-x-55/i3898178/

Last edited:
A few more photos now that I have tracked down and installed an original front sight.

swobNJx.jpg

HP4XzU8.jpg

6bxyYZG.jpg

t7fcUS6.jpg

uviRCm0.jpg

4s0Dp1M.jpg

Op6eWGs.jpg

XHI8tx2.jpg

SktvvBe.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice find Robinpeck! I stumbled across a M55 Continental in .222 that is in awesome condition, it's not a full stock but looks very similar to yours along with the cold weather bolt knob! Now all you need to do is find an original butt pad for it.

I think that is aftermarket/custom stock on a T3 Battue rifle. They did nice job on copying the checkering style though.
To me it sure looks like a typically clunky Tikka factory stock ( same supplier that makes the CZ stocks?), with the standard Tikka T3 checkering pattern. I would expect a custom stock to be more svelte and also to have hand-cut checkering. The French sales site claims it is a brand new rifle complete with factory warranty, and there is no mention of it being a custom job. Many firearms manufacturers make only limited runs of fullstock rifles for the admittedly small Stutzen market and therefore a lot of people never see them and when they do, assume the rifles have custom stocks. (Similar comments have been made to me about numerous fullstock rifles of mine, including the Tikka M65 Stutzen and a Sako M78 .22LR fullstock below, both of which are completely factory original.)

3szvTQW.jpg

i9217oT.jpg

swobNJx.jpg

Last edited:
How can we find out from Tikka if the T3 Stutzen is a factory job? I have written an inquiry to the Canadian importer (stoegercanada) but have not yet received a reply.

Last edited:
Better off writing an e-mail directly to Tikka (Sako). Don't expect a fast reply though.

I got a "probably":

"The Tikka Fullstock is probably something that was manufactured specifically for France. It is not something that is offered in Canada.

Sorry we couldn’t be more help.

Kira Bernardo

Parts and Service

Stoeger Canada (1990) Ltd.

1010 Thornton Rd S

Oshawa, Ontario L1J 7E2

905-436-9077 Ext. 244

https://www.stoegercanada.ca"

Last edited:
WOW!!! I am blown away by the full-stock M65, complete with oversized bolt knob for winter hunting with gloves on. That's a fantastic find. The rings are also very unusual. I don't think that style was ever sold in the U.S. market. I once had an M65 in normal configuration with the oversized bolt knob. A friend begged me to sell it to him when I moved, and like a fool I did. I want that gun back.

Thanks for posting. That is the coolest gun I've seen in a long time.

Latest posts

Back