• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

The return of an old friend: Sako 6PPC

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I sold this to a friend over 20 years ago just as you see it. Was one of my woodchuck hunting set ups and was quite spiffy for its day. In all that time he only fired 11 rounds. The box of brass and 9 rounds came back with it. It is absolutely flawless. Not a mark on it. I forgot how nice the adjustable trigger is. If the snow ever melts, I might even get to shoot it.

20140322_181108_zpsebqadlbn.jpg

20140322_181122_zpswzff27li.jpg

20140322_181145_zpsxfgy7qej.jpg

20140322_181157_zpsd3qyryuy.jpg

There is nothing like recovering a rifle (especially a Sako) after you sold it. Nice going and it sure is a beauty. Thanks very much for sharing. I know the members really like the pics and the story behind the rifle.

rick

That's the great thing about a gun. If you had sold him a horse, a car, or even swapped him a wife, I doubt that it would have come back to you after 20 years in such a good condition.:D

Here's an old rifle magazine cover you might like to look at.

Attachments

• Sako PPC.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Back