1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Richard A. Ritts

Richard A. Ritts Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Hello all! Thanks for allowing me into your group. I don't know much about the Sako Rifle that I own, but I am anxious to learn.
    Best,
    Rick

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Tell us about your rifle. First step is to determine what you have. Then you can peruse the forum for details, as there is a ton of info here.

Richard A. Ritts likes this.
  3. Richard A. Ritts

Richard A. Ritts Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    5F036051-2638-4ABA-802D-9DEA5D284320.jpeg A583E610-28AD-4E80-A8FF-700E873C52D5.jpeg
    Thank you! I have a Sako Forester, with Bufor Steel stamping. I purchased it 25 years ago from an Estate, and it is an amazingly accurate firearm. I have attached a few photos. Let me know what photos would help me identify what I have. It’s a .308 caliber.
    Thank you very much!
    Rick

Attached Files:

4. Richard A. Ritts

Richard A. Ritts Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    If there is an problem with the photos, please let me know.

5. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Richard those are great pictures of a beautiful L579 or Forester rifle

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    You have a Deluxe Model L579 or "Forester" as it was called to denote it as the medium size action. The serial number is within the range that the club has factory records for. You can request it's production date & shipping info by clicking on the Factory Records Service at the top of this page. The L579 replaced the L57 & started with SN 10001 around 1960, so yours is a fairly early one.

7. ricksengines

ricksengines Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Welcome to the forum. Sure is a pretty rifle. Thanks for posting such great pics of it. We sure enjoy seeing Sako rifles, especially deluxe rifles like the one that you own. Take good care of it and it will serve you well for a lifetime.

rick

8. Richard A. Ritts

Richard A. Ritts Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Thank you all for your comments and compliments! I purchased the rifle when the owner passed away and his neighbor was helping the widow get rid of the rifles and other firearms. He chose this one for me, out of about 300 other rifles (!), and told me this was his friends favorite rifle as he had purchased it new, and he was able to harvest a deer with it EVERY TIME he hunted with it!! It was a great story and he was in tears as he told, since his friend had only recently passed. They hunted together since they were kids, and I was honored to be able to purchase a rifle that had a special meaning to both it's former owner and his best friend.
    The rifle has always been stored properly since I have owned it, and I feel a responsibility to keep her clean, oiled and ready to fire at any time! Many have tried to buy it over the years, but I don't think I'll ever part with it. Someday, I'll pass it along to another young hunter and hope that they will keep her clean and use it for what it was designed for!! There are marks on the rifle, but they are from hunting and I think it lends to it's character! Perfect isn't always better!! Besides, she's only original once!
    I am going to explore the link about the year of manufacture, and any other details I can find out about her, but for now, she goes back into proper storage. Due to a severe motorcycle accident, I can no longer hunt, but I have let my brother and my nephew take her out, and she produced results each time!!! I think I might have to look for another Sako to display with her...they would look good with my Beretta shotgun and stainless 92SF pistol.
    Thanks again all!! So glad I found this site!
    Best,
    Rick