1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Stock for 85 XS action

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by Fubarredz, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I and looking for a carbon stock for my Sako 85 in XS action this laminated stock is extremely heavy to run around the rach with a scope and bypod mounted on it. Any ideas. I'd really like the carbonlight stock Sako makes for it but it's not available in the states is what baretta told me when I contacted them wanting to purchase one!

2. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    The carbon stock won't fit the barrel profile of your laminated 85. The carbonlight uses a fair bit thinner barrel profile, same as finnlight.

3. Graywolf

Graywolf Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    If you want a .243 or 22-250 for a ranch rifle, those calibers are on sale at Eurooptic in carbonlight, for about the same price as aFinnlight.

4. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sorry the XS action is .223

5. Graywolf

Graywolf Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    That price is for a complete new rifle. I don't know how much the carbon stocks sell for in Europe but you could probably sell your .223 and have a new carbon light in .243 or 22-250 for about the same (if you could even buy it).