1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Sling studs

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by wombat, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi Members,
    I have just come across an L461 HB in .222 Rem Mag, s/n 121xxx, in OA VG condition, barrel looks mint, but is
    missing the original Sako sling loops (has the studs in the stock)?
    * Rifle too good to pass up!!
    Anyone able to help me out, stud including loops, or just loops? if that is all available, not sure why they would have been taken off.
    Especially any of the Australian members, mite know of any locally I can get easier than from over the waters.
    I will just need some brass (got some lined up) and dies.
    Anyone got any favourite loads they want to post, would be appreciated.
    Will put some pictures up when I get it.
    Thanks - Jay

2. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Some pics, if I can to attach, good rifling, don't think has done much. Just need get dies n cases, work up some loads..... Jay

Attached Files:

3. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Wombat I know I have one here somewhere, give me a few days and I will see if I can turn it up.
    Pete

4. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I assume your meaning the non detachable swivels? A couple of years ago I ran across a fair few from Arthur Langsford. I sold some on here but they got snapped up pretty quickly and have none left that I want to get rid of. Getting a pretty hard item to find. I have firing pins, bolt shrouds etc etc but the original swivels don’t pop up to often for sale.

Not sure but I reckon in that serial number range and without the black grip cap it may have come originally with just the studs.

Cheers John

5. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Wombat, I looked everywhere for that swivel and cannot seem to find it. What is frustrating is it is on a sling that obviously is also not here. Somewhere I have misplaced the sling off one of my rifles so a bit sad about that. If it turns up I will get back to you.

Pete

6. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Thanks Pete, until I get a pair, I will just fit studs.
    Jay

7. Snowman3

Snowman3 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU West Australia
    I might have a set, will look on the weekend. Previously taken off my L461 and packed away in the 'treasure chest of random gun bits'

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Hello Snowman,

I have been { for many years } looking for a 1950's / 60's Meopta 2, 5 X Malov for my Brno No. 1 .22 LR. As you will probably know, these scopes had 22mm tubes and were supplied with a mount to fit the Brno No. 1. I have seen several in Austrailia, but never in Gt. Britain. Have you seen any of these scopes & mounts? Also I have for sale or trade several pairs of Sako " Vintage " scope mounts & rings.

Blackjack

9. Snowman3

Snowman3 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU West Australia
    I have seen meopta 22mm tube scopes of that era sell online here, actually I think one sold last week. As for dealers try Andrew at Premium Optics Australia, he carries vintage stuff. Not all listed on his website so better to email and ask to keep you in mind if he comes across one.

Otherwise if you're keen, keep an eye on usedguns.com.au and BuyUsedGuns.com.au, if you see 'the one' jump on it quick!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi All, got a set of RCBS 3 die set n some new Sako brass for the .222 Remington magnum, can any one supply some load data I can use as a guide, any Oz members using this calibre? Looks like I may start off with 2207, 2206H and/or Reloader 7. Hope to get out next week with some range results, thanks for any feedback,.... Jay