1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

sight screw plugs

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by mjh1986, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. mjh1986

mjh1986 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    Hey all,
    I just bought a sako 75 deluxe. The factory irons were pulled an i was wondering if anyone knew the screw demensions for the plugs. I would assume they are machine thread, but want to make sure.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mitch

2. Hillcountry

Hillcountry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Mississippi
    Welcome aboard Mitch! You’ll find some experienced SAKO folks on this board. My recommendation for you regarding “irons plugs” is to contact:

Sakosource.com.

They advertise on the banner ads on this board. I picked up original Sako scope mounts from Sakosource - excellent service

HC

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'm not all that familiar with the Model 75 Deluxe, but I doubt that it came with factory sights. If that is the case, then the sight holes would have been D&T by a gunsmith and would be whatever size and thread he used, typically a 6x42 (?) I think. Check a gunsmith supply like Brownell's to see what they offer.

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    If it was D&T'd by a smith here in the states it's probably has 6x48 screw threads. Some sights came with 6x40 & a very few with 8x40. Most any smith will have all these in stock & it's a simple matter to check what there are.

5. mjh1986

mjh1986 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    The deluxe model iron sights were an option. The previous owner of the rifle removed them to put on a cheap scope. I found brownells catalogs factory open sights and I think I'll go that route. I think cosmeticaly a 375 h&h needs some iron the barrel