• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako TRGs Sako M995 338 & SAKO Lazzeroni, 7.82, Warbird Question

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rocky

I've sort of been looking for a Sako M995 in the caliber of 7mm STW. Figured it would be a good long range rifle with manageable recoil.
So far the few that I have seen, the sellers are wanting $1000 plus which I have passed on.
Now there is a auction coming up that has a M995 in 338 caliber, and a Lazzeroni 7.82 Warbird on it.
Can I get some feedback thoughts on the M995 and these two calibers?
Should I hold out for a 7mm STW, or grab one, or both the 338 and the 7.82 Warbird?
And whats a fair price to pay for a M995?

I've sort of been looking for a Sako M995 in the caliber of 7mm STW. Figured it would be a good long range rifle with manageable recoil.
So far the few that I have seen, the sellers are wanting $1000 plus which I have passed on.
Now there is a auction coming up that has a M995 in 338 caliber, and a Lazzeroni 7.82 Warbird on it.
Can I get some feedback thoughts on the M995 and these two calibers?
Should I hold out for a 7mm STW, or grab one, or both the 338 and the 7.82 Warbird?
And whats a fair price to pay for a M995?

I have an M995 in a Lazzeroni 7.21 Firebird and love it. I had to put a muzzle brake on it but would not sell it for anything.

Tell me how you go fella, I'm looking for an M995 in 300WM, I have one in 270Win and love it.

Mark

I own several M995/TRGs rifles and have owned several more, all the way up through .416 Rem. All have exhibited excellent accuracy. The trigger seems not quite as crisp as the old Sako #4, but is very passable. Although the bedding system looks a bit frail, I've had no problem with it even with the hard-kickers.

The bolts are the slickest I've ever experienced, and the four-round (in belted magnums) magazines have been foolproof. I generally prefer an internal box magazine, but in jurisdictions where the gun may not be transported loaded the detachable magazine pre-filled with cartridges and in your coat pocket allows you to get into action quickly. And you can carry a loaded spare, which I actually found extremely useful once in a cull hunt.

I am generally not a big fan of synthetic stocked rifles, but the TRGs is quite well-designed and executed.

Latest posts

Back