• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Ammunition Sako ammunition collecting

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

alpine hunter

Hi all. Hoping to stir up a bit of activity here in the ammo section.

I collect SAKO ammo and have started to get a few variations although the earlier and current production ammo is hard to come by here in Australia. The most common ammo I find is from the 70s and 80s.
My collection so far.

collection.jpg

The four 10-packs along the top came from a collector in the US while the rest have been picked up from shooters here in Aus.

It would be great to see others collections or even single old boxes people have picked up over the years.
A few pics I have found in random places on the net.

108_sako_049_s.jpg

56x39.jpg

32-20projectiles.jpg

Alpine Hunter,

Very nice collection of ammo and bullets. The oldest SAKO ammo I have is about 25 boxes of 9mm from 1958. SAKO is not on the outside of the box, but it is on the shell casing by the primer. I guess at one point SAKO had to bolster their supply for all the left-over Lugers around the country.

Thanks for sharing,

S-A

I have been slowly upgrading my collection since starting this thread. The collection now...

Thanks to two guys in particular who have generously given some great boxes and information.

Last edited:
Very cool Apline hunter. I think Susana posted up some photos a while back of the old boxes with the capercaillie and seals on them from memory. Its a pity the new ammo boxes don't have bit more cool art work with them !

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

I have a few as well but not many. I will show my boxes on the new site I am building, as a reference and I am hoping you would like to help me build that part of the site, alpine hunter?? No rush though, as it will take a while to finalize the site.

THANKS!

Jim

sako ammo boxes 0414 002.jpg sako ammo boxes 0414 001.jpg

alpine hunter.
some really nice boxes there, the 220 russian i have never seen before. you have done very well.
picked up a couple myself in recent times. 2 current boxes that we dont see to often & 2 nice older boxes. all full.

susanna

The 220 Russian box is just a photo I found on the net and is not in my collection. Different packaging to anything else I have seen though - with the plain box and wrap around label.

Nice additions to your collection. I have the 6mm brother to the red 22 PPC box. That 303 Brit box is a keeper too.
I have one of the AIJA K boxes for you as well so make a space for that one too. I have some other spares that you may or may not already have - some of the light green 222 boxes with minor variations and a newer black box in 308.

For those of you living in Australia, and in particular in Brisbane, you might be interested to know that Rebel Guns has some of the old 20 round boxes of 7x33 Sako loaded ammo. Have no idea how they came upon it. I believe there were 10 boxes left after I got mine. Cheers.

20150302_211919.jpg

This is an old thread but I thought I would contribute. I don't really have a collection, I came across these and just had to have 'em. No clue of the vintage or if they have any big value...but they sure are cool!
Any info will be appreciated....thanks in advance!~Bloo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back