• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako ammo board

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

waterwolf

Is the ammunition on a Sako ammunition advertising board live ammo? Or are the cartridges assembled without power or primers?

Last edited:
I do not really know.
I posted a link to the auction on the chance that one of our Canadian members would be interested.
I would assume that someone at the auction house could answer your question.

http://www.icollector.com/Sako-Cartridge-Board-with-cartridges-and-bullets_i29857043

• "Bullets, cartridges and other ammunition are considered dangerous goods and will not be mailed under any circumstance"-
So says the terms on the web site.

Perhaps one would have to attend the auction?
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Kax

Last edited:
I'd like to attend. Unfortunately the auction is roughly 3000 miles from here. Canada is a fairly big place.
And re: "I would assume that someone at the auction house could answer your question." Your assumption is wrong.

In general, boards are made from inert ammo.
I think this is in part because boards are often displayed in locations without the usual security that is often required by laws for ammo storage.
Historically the cartridges have been attached with wire via holes drilled or punched into the cases. Inert rounds are much safer to be drilling into.

I couldn't say for sure if this particular board is completely inert but I would bet that it is.

I heard back from the auction and they do not know if the board is inert ammo but apparently are now looking into it. Should hear again from them later today.

They actually have two ammo display boards in the auction...the Sako board and another Lapua board.

Last edited:
Auctioneer says they are not live ammo and therefore they can ship.

However, for other unrelated issues with that auction (for one...a 23% internet buyers premium, plus tax, plus shipping), I doubt I will be bidding on it.

Last edited:
Guys, they are inert for sure.

I once won an auction in England for a board similar to the one showed here.

But due to strict regulations in the UK, the auction house refused to ship abroad. Something I had forgotten to check!

So the board now lives in the home of another SCC member, in UK.

Jim

Back