1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Sako 85 9.3x62 MT Package

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by fire306, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. fire306

fire306 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    I just purchased a Sako 85 Stainless Synthetic in a 9.3x62.
    I was looking for a Blackbear or Grizzly, but my dealer seen this one listed and it caught my attention.
    The description said, MT Package, Gun Bag, Sling and Silver Plate.

The MT apparently stands for Muzzle Threaded, and there is a sling in the box...no gun bag. I'll will follow up with the dealer to see if it is missing. The interesting part is the plate on the bottom of the pistol grip is Silver, and it is stamped KKK 80v No. 28
    Does anyone know the significance of this package, and what the stamped silver plate means??

Here is a link to a photo of the plate.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bku49WTZtcvamlzj2

2. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    KKK is shortened from Karjalankarhukoira, which is Karelian Bear Dog. Systematic breeding of the dog began in 1936, so 2016 was their 80th anniversary.

That silver plate is sure to raise some eyebrows, even though the other KKK is a little bit older club... :D

edit: Btw your photo link doesn't work for me. Would be interesting to see how the plate was mounted on synthetic stock.

3. fire306

fire306 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario

Thank you for the info. I've never heard of this before.
    Here is another link to some more photos. Hopefully it works, I use the same link on other sites and it works.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/U0QCziYOMYSuERv52

Any guess on how many of this special edition were made? I can't seem to be able to find any information about it here in Canada.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  4. fire306

fire306 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
  5. fire306

fire306 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Kiväärimainos final jpeg.JPG
    I would love to hear if anyone knows anymore information on this rifle. How many were built, how many may have come to Canada, etc. I can't find any info on it, at least that I can read in english anyways.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Very interesting! I've never heard of this special edition, but its distribution was probably limited to Finland, or at least a small portion of Northern Europe. How it came to Canada is something of a mystery I would think.