Sako 75 question

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by mike_boehm, Feb 13, 2018.

1. mike_boehm

mike_boehm Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    I found a Sako 75 308 Winchester for sale and it is in a synthetic stock but blued. He says that that is the original stock it came with but I don't remember ever seeing synthetic blued Sako 75 from the factory ever available am I wrong. The synthetic stock that's on the rifle is a factory Sako he dark colored not the two tone like on the finnlight

2. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    From your description sounds like the stock is from a Synthetic Stainless model. I can't find any synthetic model with blued parts from the Finnish catalogs from 2000 to 2005. Does the stock have stainless sling swivel studs? I would find it odd for Sako to leave stainless studs on the stock when rest of the steel parts are blued.

3. mike_boehm

mike_boehm Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Well he says he bought it brand new sealed in a box at a store in Canada and I looked at the pictures and they have blued swivel studs so this is the first I've seen of 1 Screenshot_20180212-211530.png Screenshot_20180212-211530.png

4. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Looks neat. I can't find anything that would confirm it's factory original. Can't really disprove it either because Sako is known to make special order batches.

5. kjeldsen

kjeldsen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Denmark
    State/Region:
    other
    I've never seen a blued SAKO in a synthetic stock. I definately think it's a combination of blued rifle and a synthetic stock from a Stainless Steel rifle and not a factory setup

6. d500lnn

d500lnn Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    When you say blue, are you meaning high luster blue or matte finish? If it's the latter I have a buddy that bought an 85 that is matte blue metal and a synthetic stock brand new from a dealer

7. barreltwister

barreltwister Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018