• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SAKO 75-85 300WM WITH HEAVY BARREL?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

winmag

Hi

First, sorry for my english.

I write from Catalunya (Spain), and I want to ask if anyone knows if the SAKO 75 or 85 was manufactured in 300WM with heavy barrel.

I ask this, because I can buy a SAKO 300WM with HB (the owner says that the rifle is the model 85, but I think for the pictures is the model 75)

I have not found information about a SAKO 75 or 85 300 WM with heavy barrel in any place, I only found the model 308W 75 or 85 with heavy barrel (VARMINT) but not in 300WM

I don't know, maybe they have changed the barrel, because I am very surprised that I can't find information about a SAKO 75 or 85 300 WM with heavy barrel

THANKS

10b0a0c2c54c068873ad71c384eef37eo.jpg

52d33b9b93bbacb774242ea3190a8034o.jpg

163b5db3fbac6c3a86e5dbea8b0e43bdo.jpg

ead8b10d5b6acc61731b9f300c92ce0fo.jpg b5d90f7b75cfc9b5228a52bcc63c7e8do.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they did come from the factory like that! I am very envious of your rifle. From what i can gather they were only produced in limited numbers.

Looks like a 75 from the pics. Should have a Roman numeral 5 ( V ) stamped on the action in that caliber denoting action size. My guess is it was probably made during the time when "Beanfield" rifles were being marketed. Several manufacturers made them in calibers like 25-06, 270, & the 7mm & 300 magnum rounds. They were marketed to deer hunters in areas where deer would gather in vast agricultural fields after the harvest & ranges were 400 yards, 500 yards & even farther. Usually the hunter would be in a blind or hide on the edge of the field with a solid shooting platform of some kind. It is still being done that way in areas were lack of cover makes stalking an impossibility. I always thought they were marketed to the American market. Interesting to see one show up in Spain. The "Beanfield" era was short lived making these rifles rather uncommon.

Welcome, winmag! No need to apologize for your English as we are pleased to have Sako enthusiasts here regardless of what their native language might be and always encourage you to write as best you are able (you should hear my pitiful attempts at Spanish when called for. Que lastima!)

I agree that the rifle appears to be a Model 75 (which I would personally prefer to an 85). Its weight would make it burdensome to carry when stalking, but if hunting from a hide as Paulson suggests, it would make a fine long-range shooter.

Huge thanks guys,

I am impressed by the knowledge of SAKO rifles that you have.

reading what you have told me, I try to buy the rifle, and if at the end I'll take, I explain the shootings at a great distance, as is the reason why I want to buy it (300m and much more.....)

I don't mind the weight of the gun, because I'm still young and I'm in good physical shape...jejeje...

Hi WinMag,
I have have exactly the same Rifle. Mine shoots very well regardless of the short 22" Barrel. Buy it! You cant go wrong with a 75.

Latest posts

Back