Sako .22 Vierling??

Discussion in 'Sako Ammunition' started by ohiochuck, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ohiochuck

ohiochuck Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    When did Sako produce .22 Vierling ammo and brass?
    Thanks!
    Jim

2. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hi Jim

No idea. I would imagine probably for a while for the European market though.
    I've only ever seen the one L46 marked Vierling and that was the one at the Rock island auction. See this thread for a picture http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum...rock-island-auction-catalogue-nov-1996.10279/

Would love to hear some more on this from our members on both the ammo and the Vierling marked rifles if anyone knows more as well.

Cheers John

3. ohiochuck

ohiochuck Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    Sako in Finland replied they are not making ammo or loading componets for the .22 Vierling although some years ago they did.
    I have a drilling made in Austrian (Franz Sodia) 20 X 20 X .22 Vierling and a 4 barrel Meffert Vierling (16 X16 X 8-57JR X .22 Vierling) - From the German word VIER, meaning four. A four-barreled gun, typically with two identical shotgun barrels and with two rifle barrels of differing calibres. Built primarily in Germany and Austria. In the quest to do everything, a monumental example of the gunmaker's art.
    Jim