1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

REHABILITATED 322

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by Litetrigger1, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Litetrigger1

Litetrigger1 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    Some 20 or so years ago I came across the remains of a Marln 322 at a gun local show. The barrel was beyond redemption but the Sako action was OK and stock pretty good as well so I took it home for such time as I might have use for the action. More years later Remington introduced their .17 Fireball and it occurred to me that it just might make a fit for the Marlin 322 carcass I had tucked away somewhere. So I shipped it off to my pal Tim Gardner at Douglass Barrels requesting that it be rebarreled to the new .17 FB, with the proviso that the 322’s peculiar contour be duplicated so it would fit in the original stock. The fit is perfect, as shown in attached photos and, in case anyone is curious, the Fireball feeds out of the old .222 magazine like a greased gumdrop. Marlin1.JPG Marlin2.JPG Marlin3.JPG Marlin4.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Branxhunter and deergoose like this.

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Is it a .17 or 221 Fireball?
    Looks like you did a great job with it. If you don't mind me asking. What do you have in this rifle?

3. Litetrigger1

Litetrigger1 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    If you mean "what I have in it" in terms of investment, there is the price of the barrel job plus the original $200-$250 I paid for it as a gunshow clunker. Too long ago to remember for sure. Then the vintage Lyman 10X scope and new mounts adds about another $200. So whatever it adds up to.

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I swore the photo showing the ammo box read 221 fireball.
    Now I see it says 17 Remington.
    Did you change the photo??

5. Litetrigger1

Litetrigger1 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    Yep, you have a good eye. First photo was too early in morning to pay attention to what I was doing.

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Thanks! Thought I was going crazy.

7. Unclekax

Unclekax Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region: