• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Rechamber

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Neighbor has a L46 Hornet now a K-Hornet as a collector I know the value is shot . What is a FAIR price to offer I really want to be fair with him

Thanx
Jim

It's impossible to appraise the rifle sight unseen with one sentence saying it was K'd. What is FAIR is subjective & based on a host of factors. Any value affixed by others would be pure guesswork. It's like asking," What's my car worth? I put a different engine in it." Without any other info.

Last edited:
Now you have given us two sentences to base the appraisal on. A rifle with missing parts can't be rated @ 95%, IMHO, but others may feel much differently about that. Once again, what the rifle is worth is hard to determine because there are no comparables to use as a reference. How many L46 Hornets have you seen that have the rear sight missing & the chamber K'd? It's value is what a willing buyer & a willing seller agree to. Obviously it's not worth what an original, intact L46 Hornet is worth, but one would think it is worth more than a common L46 in 222 Rem in similar condition is worth. No one can give you the "magic" answer you ask for. Do some research on prices for L46 Hornets & other L46's, with your friend involved, & come to terms. If you are "friends" that shouldn't be all that difficult &, IMHO, much better than taking some value given to you from someone you don't know over the internet. Whatever you settle on is not going to make a difference in your or his retirement. So, why all the concern? Or, just ask him what he wants & pay him. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Hi Jim
Please understand that we just don't provide values on rifles especially when they have been altered and sight unseen. By that I mean that the rifle would have to be in hand before any of us would hazard a guess as to what it might be worth. A lot of things factor into valuation so our best advice is that if you like it and the asking price seems reasonable to you given condition and other factors then our recommendation is that you should buy it. Understand that all of this is on your nickel. So let the buyer beware.

rick

My father taught me the best piece of advice when I want to make more money than I spent on an item originally. Buy real estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walnut or birch? Carbine or rifle or Mannlicher? Long or short magazine? By "rear sight missing" do you mean that it originally had a sweated-on open sight on the barrel which has been removed, or it never had a rear sight (like many Sakos made for the U.S. market)? Which version of the K-Hornet, and do dies and brass come with it? A few pictures would make a huge difference in at least providing you with a ballpark figure.

Sako L46's in .22 Hornet are fairly scarce and in high demand, so having been rechambered to the K-version changes the market for it, but certainly doesn't eliminate demand. Personally, I would have some interest in it, while other Sako enthusiasts might not. No one can pin down an exact figure for such a rifle, but with more comprehensive information you could get a better idea what a fair range of prices might be.

Latest posts

Back