• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Rare? H&R L61R 81K Serial Range 7MM Rem Mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

NicoleS151

So i have been doing some research on a gun my Grandfather gave me. It is a H&R L61R 81k serial number range 7MM Rem Mag UltraRifle with the Sako Action in Really good condition i was wondering if someone could give me a little more info on it or what they think it might be worth. what i am gathering is i have inherited a pretty rare rifle

I saw one in that same cartridge with about that serial range in about 85 to 90% condition sell last year at auction. A dealer paid all but 600.00 for it. He sold it a few weeks later for about 125.00 less. They are rare rifles, but they are only worth what someone will pay on any given day.

The H&R Ultra Wildcat & Ultra Rifles were very well made quality rifles & you should feel fortunate to have received it from your Grandfather. As most don't know about them or recognize their quality they have a very small following & subsequently, even though rare, don't command high market prices. I've never seen a H&R sell for more than an original Sako in comparable condition. That being said, you would be hard pressed to find a better rifle on any gun store shelf today. I wouldn't worry to much about it's worth, but rather enjoy it, remember your Grandfather each time you use it & someday pass it down to your Grandson. BTW, there are quite a few threads here about the H&R rifles you can review to learn more.

OK . . . so the dealer then . . . sold the gun at a dump your junk auction . . . or on the internet . . . with a three day inspection?

This brick-and-mortar dealer drove some 40 miles to the auction and bought it to re-sell on the internet. I think it was GunBroker, but can't be sure about that or his terms. He certainly overestimated it's value and paid more for it than he flipped it for. I went there to buy it, but there was just too much 'history' in the wood and metal to suit me. This sort of thing speaks loudly to the big question... What is my gun worth?

Thanks for the information . . . but placing a value on a gun . . . at an estate or dump your junk auction is kinda like placing the value a used car at a junk yard. I've never seen an estate auction that had a return policy . . . it's . . . you bought it . . . and now . . . your stuck with it. And that no return policy . . . always lowers the selling value of anything.
I was at estate auction a 18 months ago . . . a mint finnwolf . . . went for $3000.00 and a L461 Deluxe 222 went for $3400.00 . . . and then I found out . . . relatives were fighting over the guns . . . and they only had to pay the auctioneers fees . . . not the actual bid price.

Latest posts

Back