1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Sako Triggers

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by South Pender, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Does anyone know what trigger Sako put on their S491 and M591 actions? Was it the same Sako #4 trigger that we've seen on the L- and A-series rifles?

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    No, not the #4. Probably the same trigger as on the late A-series.

I have one Sako of the "91" series. I've never had it apart, but can tell you that the trigger feels good on it (which is why I've never had it apart!)

3. South Pender

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks, stonecreek. That's useful information. So some of the A-series rifles had the #4, but not the late ones?

I've asked because I see that Bix'n Andy now offers a trigger for the S491 and M591 actions and was wondering whether it would also fit an L- or A-series action.

4. redrover

redrover Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Have a look at the Sako web site, where you will find copies of the manuals. (sako.fi) I have tried to post the exact link, but got rejected. Apparently I haven't made enough postings to this site to be allowed to post links!!!!!

The diagram and instructions relating to the trigger are a fair way down in the document. It is clear that the S491/591/691 series of rifles is NOT fitted with the same trigger unit as the L and A series of rifles. It looks much like the trigger fitted to the Model 75 and 85. I don't know if this is what is referred to as the #4 trigger.

5. redrover

redrover Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Well, at least I was able to post this much! OK, get into the Sako web site, and click on the heading SUPPORT. Down the page a bit you will find the manuals for discontinued rifles.

6. South Pender

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    That's helpful, redrover. I looked at the diagram of the triggers, and it definitely looks as though the 491/591 trigger is quite different from that for the 579 and 461 actions--different shaped housing and attachment, different location of sear. It's the 579/461 trigger that is the #4. As you say, the 491/591 trigger looks a lot like that for the 75. It's too bad--still no really topnotch trigger for the L- and A-series actions, or at least one adjustable down to just a few oz.

7. redrover

redrover Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Where did this #4 designation originate, does anyone know?

I have seen it referred to on this site before - is it something peculiar to here? There is nothing about it on the Sako web site that I can find.

8. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sako designated the first trigger with the integral trigger safety as their "#4" trigger. I think they designated the previous trigger on the L57 as the "#2" trigger. Just why Sako used this designation is not clear.

You'll find little or nothing on the current Sako website referring to the older models. Beretta pointedly refuses to support any products made before its take-over of the company.