Proper scope rings for L579 .243 HB Forester (mid 1960's)

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Robert Miller, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Robert Miller

Robert Miller Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    I have a mid '60's Forester .243 HB and it has a Lyman Super Targetspot scope on it. It has very little eye relief and I want to replace it with a newer/better scope . I am not sure the scope rings that are now offered are the same as the ones that were used in the 1960's. The Lyman scope is mounted in front of the action and doesn't use the Sake mounting area at all. If anyone has any information on what to get and height of the rings let me know. I would think I will get a 50 MM objective scope in one inch tube or similar. [​IMG]

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I have a set of unused Sako Optilock rings in the box which I'm sure would work for a 50mm objective on a Sako Heavy Barrel. I'll let you have them for a reasonable price and if they should happen not to work for you the way you'd like you can send them back for your money back. If you like, drop me a Private Conversation and we'll exchange shipping info.