1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie with Sako mauser question

Discussion in 'Sako Mausers, Hi-Powers and Magnum Mausers' started by dunkinboy, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. dunkinboy

dunkinboy Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    Hello, I recently acquired a Sako mauser in 30.06. It is in really good shape with only a few handling marks on the wood and bluing still in great shape. However, someone had added a 1" recoil pad that made the lop too long for a good cheek weld for me. I found someone on ebay selling what was supposed to be a sako buttplate that would fit the sako mausers so I ordered it. Unfortunately, when installed it was about 1/16" too short. I'm considering having my smith install a much thinner recoil pad but I would really like to find a sake butt plate to fit. Any suggestions where to find one? thanks guys, Jeff

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Jeff - sorry to hear of your issue maybe if you post pictures of the Butt of the stock with measurements someone may be able to help
    I personally have no experience with the mauser but I am sure many member do and will be able to add their opinions
    good luck

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Try gungrip.com. You can see what they've got simply by clicking the banner at the top of this page.

4. dunkinboy

dunkinboy Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    Thanks for the info. I'll give them a try.