1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

New Rifle!

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Joe Jackson, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle. I believe it is a Sako Forester but not sure.

Attached Files:

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The action appears to be a Sako L579 or A-II. But it is impossible to say anything else from the photo other than that the stock is not factory.

Joe Jackson likes this.
  3. Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I was told the stock was made by someone in NC who builds or use to build these rifles. Also it has a bull barrel installed or was that a factory option.

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Sako made a Varmint (heavy barrel) model on the L579/AII action, but there is no way to tell if your barrel is factory or not from the photo. Peruse the forum section on Sako medium actions & you will find many photos of the action & barrel stampings that will tell you more about what you have.

Joe Jackson likes this.
  5. Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    So from what I could find I believe it to be the L597 this is just from pictures I found throughout the forum and as for the barrel I'm still unsure. I do not have the rifle in front of me I have only agreed to purchase it. What would be a fair price for this rifle assuming it is in good condition?

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    If it is a factory L579 barreled action, "SAKO & the CALIBER" will be stamped on top of the barrel just in front of the action. The value of custom built rifles is difficult to establish as there are so few comparables & the quality of the builds are so variable. Your particular attraction to it & it's overall condition would be the determining factors. It is general consensus that custom guns won't bring what it cost to build them. The action is probably worth $400 -$500 to someone looking to build his own custom, but that rifle is not worth as much as a factory original L579. So it's value is somewhere in between & for you to establish with the seller in open negotiation. It is not possible to give you a "value" based on one photo & a couple sentences on what you "believe" you have over the internet. Good Luck!

Joe Jackson likes this.