1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

New member with Safara AIV 375 for sale soon

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Anders A, Jun 4, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anders A

Anders A Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    State/Region:
    NO Akershus
    Hi.
    I'm joining due to a passion for guns an weapons with a history to be told.
    I'm displeased with the restrictions of Norwegian an Swedish authorities who on behalf of their citizens decides how many guns we are allowed to own and have registrated.
    Today it is a maximum of 6 weapons.
    My father owns several guns of great history, among them a Sako Safari AIV 375 H&H. He wants me to have this piece of history, but I'm not able to get one more gun registrated.
    We have decided to sell the gun, but prefer it's new owner to be a person who knows what he/she are bying so that the legacy of the gun are preserved.
    The first owner sold the rifle due to recoil and traded it to smaller caliber.
    My father (second owner) has used it twice in Africa and a couple of times hunting moose in Sweden.
    It has not been used for at last 10-12 years.
    It is a "Swedish" gun, so export in EU are easy.
    Apel bases with 30 mm rings, but without
    Optics.
    There are also som brass and cartridges.

I will post a salesad as soon as I get to visit my father and take photos of the rifle.
    Serial number can be sent if you are interested and writes me a pm.

2. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Anders I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma, although you must have quite the collection to have to cut a safari grade. I'm looking at a safari grade over here in 9.3 x62, which is an extremely rare bird because it was never marketed here, so I believe it was a military bring back. I owned a safari grade in 300 Winchester Mag ten or so years ago. They are the epitome of Sako craftmanship IMHO. That includes the deluxe's and super deluxe's with all of their carving.

3. Jack vliet

Jack vliet Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Michigan
    Too bad you're in Sweden, I would love to purchase such a rifle.