1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

New member here

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Michael Ashburn, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Michael Ashburn

Michael Ashburn Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    I have already learned so much about the existing rifle I have and looking forward to learning more about it. Some photos attached. Thank you all. Michael

Attached Files:

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Did you build it or buy it? Seems an unusual choice of actions to build a Whisper on. Nicely done never the less. Welcome to the club!

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I had an L46 from a proprietary gun rebarreled to the very similar (identical?) .300 Blackout recently. I haven't taken it to the field yet, but it shoots a 130 grain spitzer very accurately and at about the same velocity that a .30-30 shoots a 150 grain flat point. This puts them about even in energy once past 100 yards with somewhat less drop for the spitzer. I can't think of any real niche (much less a crying need) for this rifle, but it's a cute little gun that's fun to play around with.

Michael Ashburn likes this.
  4. Michael Ashburn

Michael Ashburn Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    My brother was a gun smith and he acquired it sometime ago. Said it was smooth and shoots super accurate!

5. Soilsman

Soilsman Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    I, too, am a new member. I am looking forward to learning from Sako owners as I seek to include Sako among German rifles.