1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

New Member from Indiana

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Thomas Owen, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Hello from southern Indiana. I have recently started a gun collection. I currently have three Sako rifles-a Vixen Deluxe in .223 caliber, a Coltsman in .243, and the most recent a Finnwolf in .308. All are nearly like new and the Finnwolf came with it's original box and owner's manual. I have a similar problem with the Finnwolf as several other owners have had. This rifle ha the 2x2 magazine and will not load the right hand side cartridge. It appears the cartridge comes up to low and to the right and hits the front edge of the bore. The magazine appears to be almost new with no modifications that I can see. I have seen several possible solutions, but none I am capable of doing. There appears to be no capable gunsmiths in the area. Any thoughts

Tom Hurd
    tohurd1@aol.com

2. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Hello - I recently had the same problem with both of my Finnwolfs and was able to correct it via slightly bending the curved metal "lip" on the right side of the detachable mag so that each round properly, and smoothly, fed while cycling the lever. I did this very gently with a pair of needle nose pliers. Lastly, it's a good idea to make sure both action screws are torqued snugly so that there is no issue with the space/gaps between the bolt and magazine when loading a cartridge. Good luck!

3. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana

4. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Thanks for the information. By observation it appeared that the front right side of the magazine was preventing the cartridge from moving to the left and close to the bore. Did you have to bend the entire length of the lip. The magazine is made of rather heavy sheet metal and appears it would be difficult to bend. I am not sure I have a pair of needle nose pliers that are heavy duty enough to do that job. Did you have to repeat the bending process multiple time to move it enough to do the job?

Thanks again,
    Tom

5. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Hello - I used a standard pair of needle nose pliers and slowly bent the front third of the sheet metal. Was not hard to do so. Just go slow as to not over do it. Thanks!

6. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Paul,
    Thanks again. I followed your instructions and with my needle nose pliers I was able to lift the front edge of the right front lip. This appeared to let the cartridge move up and to the left. After three tries I had moved it enough to let the cartridge enter the bore. I believe I have the problem solved, thanks to you. From observation I thought the lip might be the problem, but would not have tried this until I got your message.

Tom

7. L61R

L61R SCC President SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    I’m glad you got it sorted out!

Welcome to SCC!

Jim