New L61R Action Value

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by RLMSako, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RLMSako

RLMSako Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    I have an L61R NIB action only I bought with the intention of building a rifle. I’m thinking of selling it, can anyone give me an idea of what it’s worth? Any history or other relavent information would also be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Even though Sako referred to their long action internally as the L61R even after the modifications done to the AIII & AV, your action is more correctly called an AV (A5) with a magnum boltface or as your pic shows, an AV MAG. It differs from the L61R by having a shroud on the rear of the bolt & the rear tang is approximately 1/4" longer than the L61R. Knowing it has the magnum boltface & the longer tang would be info any potential buyer should be made aware of. You can get info by perusing the forum section on Long Action Sakos & looking for threads specific to the AV.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Also , this is a later AV action with the Tikka style trigger. I'ts not fully adjustable like the old A4 triggers. However a bix'n Andy trigger might be ready made for this action. That is if you want to spend 400 plus dollars on one.